Eat Out To Help Out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How many on here have actually bothered?
I have added Tuesday to my nights out But often don't get a meal unless I order at least a day in advance AND the same is true on my normal days out. Thats Thursday and Saturday, quite often don't get anything unless I remember to book at least 24 hours in advance.
I have added a takeaway to Saturday to help out (and because his fish chips are superb). The landlord chef is looking extraordinarily stressed out.
He appears to have gained a takeaway custom during lockdown. A bit disappointed on Thursday as it's pie night and he's changed it to full menu instead of 5 pies and guest pie. Just the 3 pies, No cow cheek pie a regular, missing it. Dog is missing watching me eat it.
So what has everyone done to help there local?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A friend of mine has been having breakfasts or lunches at the cafe in Morrisons. She reckons that she has been paying less than 50% of what it normally costs.

johnblack

Über Member
I've used it a couple of times, and a couple more by accident.

Anecdotely, my daughter works in our local pub / restraunt (village location) and over the last few weeks it has been really busy most Mon-Wed, quiet on Thursdays and normal kind of trade Fri-Sun, so looks as though it's having the desired effect for my local.

I went out last Wednesday as picked bike from LBS and had a coffee and scone from Saddlers cafe in Stokesley. While I was there took some work calls and a few email replies.

Been out today on my ride during my week off. Was going to go to the Rusty Bike Cafe in Swainby (I didn’t know!) but it was shut so head down, bum up and TT it to Stokesley down 5 miles of the awful A172, a 60mph main road to and from the A19. Had a lovely hot chocolate in Saddlers cafe and met a bloke with an electric Cannondale, I had a lovely chat and then rode home where I nearly got wiped out by a driver of a Mini Cooper who was on the phone turning across my path!

Other than that only used it once at a mainstream Costa and then supported a local trendy bar come cafe come micro pub establishment but not on a Monday to Wednesday.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I rarely eat out at any point. But we went out for a birthday meal recently and was pleasantly surprised. The place was well spaced, not packed and i enjoyed it, when i have to admit i perhaps didn't really feel up to it initially. The thing that didn't impress me was that the NHS track and trace code didn't work but we were informed that should there be any issues we would still be contacted via the booking details..

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We have used it two or three times but bear in mind it is only valid till the end of August and Monday to Wednesdays only.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I bloated out to help out last night. There is an upper limit, and in this posh eatery we went way beyond it, but 21 odd quid off a £90 bill for two of us was still worth having.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've used the offer quite a few times, generally not knowing if the establishment was offering the deal, or not.
It's a nice surprise when a tea, a coffee, a big fat scone and a slice of raspberry & white chocolate cake comes to just over 3 squids!!

Still, there's only three more days of the deal to go, now. Then we'll have to start paying it back with the imminent tax rises.. :sad:

MarkF

Guru
I did in Spoons Keighley on Monday after a Dales ride, panini, chips, salad, San Pellegrino pop, for £4 I think. Today me and my mother went out for lunch, she chose the Stone Trough at Yeadon, after queueing for ages to be seated in the foyer, I spotted a pile of menus on a nearby table, thinking we could save some time I picked one up, flippin eck, all hell broke loose from a screeching harridan behind the bar. Tis forbidden to pick up menus without permission, my mother told her where to go and off we went.

Ended up on top of the moors at Dick Hudsons, 2 x fish cakes with lobster, aspargus, poached eggs and boiled potatos, salad and 2 beers, £16.95, was very nice too.:okay:

rop&scale=both&id=bf06887e2b0874ac15c4b3a170fe5a22.jpg

Julia9054

Guru
I’ve been out to eat and used it a few times. It probably hasn’t altered how often I would eat out but has altered which days I have chosen to do so.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We've been taking advantage of the scheme at least twice a week.
We usually eat out at lunchtimes approximately 3 or 4 times a week.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I offered to pay for a familly meal out using this scheme before my neice goes off to university, but my sister couldn't find anywhere that had space for the 7 of us as the places we all like were all fully booked. Going past quite a few eateries & food pubs on the commute, I've noticed that they also seem to be busier on the Thursday & Friday afternoons as well.

Julia9054

Guru
Got all excited because a new restaurant has just opened in Tiny Town Friday last week.
Book for tonight cos Wednesday. Slightly shocked to pay full price - apparently they weren’t in time to register for the scheme. Never mind - food was excellent and Tiny Town was crying out for somewhere new to eat!

Top Bottom