EBAY: Specialized Stumpjumper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Why's he selling? Photos aren't really good enough to be honest, he'll get far more if he shows it off a bit better.

Dave.

dodgy

Nice bike though, I've got a similar though slight higher spec one (Stumpy FSR 120 Pro). I'd be interested if it was either the Expert or Pro spec, but I'm sure someone's going to get a good bike for not a lot of cash here because bidders will/might be put off by the zero feedback :eek:

Dave.

Mr Pig

I would pull that add and wait until he's got some feedback and decent pictures before trying to sell it on eBay. Either that or sell it in the local paper. I sold a bike in the Yellow Paper yesterday, it's still a good way to sell stuff, and no fees to pay!

dodgy

Good advice from Mr Pig regarding building up some feedback, a high value item is a bad choice to sell on a first outing on eBay.

dodgy

The 2008 version of that bike is £1500 new, I notice he's started the auction off at £800, it might not fetch much more than that but eBay's funny with bikes, I always manage to get more than I'm expecting. I think the usual rule of thumb for 2nd hand MTBs is deduct 50% after first year and a sliding scale of 10% off the new price for every year (or something like that, no hard and fast rules).
Ultimately it's worth what someone will pay, but most people are looking for something to inspire confidence (good pictures, feedback).

Dave.

dodgy

Just noticed it's due to finish tomorrow afternoon, that's not a good time to finish an auction (OK for buy it now) as your audience is reduced and prices are always lower when people aren't actively bidding (rather than setting their max price and hoping for the best). Always finish high value auctions on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

I'd honestly advise him to relist with better pictures and at a better time.

Dave.

Top Bottom