Ebay ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
Was bidding on some rigid forks over the weekend for a MTB (orange P7 forks). They went for 56 quid iirc, they are 53 quid new on the Orangebikes website with cheaper P&P.

Suppose, ying and yang. Might be a lack of bargins, but also you know you can clear out 2nd hand gear and get a good price for it.

Sometimes bargins to be had where a seller badly lists an item - either poor description, crappy photo, low feedback, bad keywords in title.

Mr Pig

Who cares if people don't leave you feedback, as long as they don't give you negative. I've never given anyone bad feedback but I'm about to. Bought a Wii game, didn't show up and the seller has done everything he possibly could to avoid giving me a refund, including suggesting I might be lying about not getting it!

I don't think it maters if you have 100 or 10'000 feedback points. As long as you have a good rating and a fair few points people will buy from you.

tyred

Legendary Member
I find it good for parts for older bikes.

But I find communications with some sellers is very poor. I've asked questions about items I would be interested in buying but sometimes get no reply whatsoever. Surely it is in the seller's best interests to answer a question from a potential customer.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm not sure feedback's that important, as long as you have a reasonable number and they're all positive. I mean, does it really make a difference if you see 89 feedbacks, 100% or 647 feedbacks 100%? Not to me it doesn't. I don't even notice whether people leave me feedback or not. I've got enough, end of.

As far as bargains go, first off, it's not just about bargains. Ebay's also a great place to find both unusual things and just regular things at a reasonable price. I recently bought, for one example, an external hard disk drive bay for about a tenner. I don't know if that's particularly cheap - probably cheaper than Dixons, but not a lot, would be my guess. But it was easy and convenient and it turned up two days later.

And it is still good for bargains. You just have to be smart - and patient. As someone said above, look for bad listings - bad pics in particular put people off bidding. And be prepared to let a few go by before the right one comes along at the right price.

nickb

Guru
Don't know about cycle-related stuff, but I've bought loads of second-hand scuba diving gear on eBay at very good prices.

I've always left feedback. I have been short-changed a few times but never bothered chasing it up - I have 100% positive feedback, so what difference does it make?

Top Bottom