Ebay ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Several things have struck me re ebay...
Is it me, or is it getting worse to get feedback from buyers (and sellers for that matter). Is everyone getting lazy ? I've got 399 positive feedbacks, and should be about 450 if i'd had all the feedback i was due. Pees me off :smile:

There does,nt seem to be any bargains any more, especially with cycling related items. I used to get so many bargains, but it's hard work to find them any more.

Have we got a Claire here, who brought a Brooks Proofride kit off me...:bravo::biggrin:

Any thoughts peeps ?

That is just the reason I do not use it any more mine is at 298 and should be at 379:angry: all positive. People are just using it to make money like there own shop. There are some people I know that buy all the things on trade accounts and sell it just under the shop price. So is it not just a big shop thet is going down hill?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not many bargains - good for retro parts though - not always a good buy, but hold fire........

Most bike shops are cheaper..........for regular stuff............

Soltydog

Legendary Member
It's not just traders that don't leave feedback tho. I always leave feedback, as a seller always as soon as i have received payment & as a buyer as soon as i receive the goods.
Agree tho there's not many bargains to be had, i've just been looking at Brooks saddles & they are more expensive on ebay than SJS :bravo:

Willow

I suppose when it started it was mainly 2nd hand stuff being sold now it seems to be mainly new. I've had a few non cycle related bargains but most of the time can't be bothered to look now. Tend to use it for selling old unused stuff rather than buying these days.

Mr Pig

It depends on what you're buying/selling. Anything well known with a brand name will make top money all day long whilst less sought after items can still be found very cheaply.

It's also worth looking for listings that will put people off bidding. Listings by new eBayers, ones that have poor descriptions or end at stupid times. Spelling mistakes in headings etc that stop the listing showing up in searches, you need to think laterally.

Tharg2007

Veteran
sometimes you wonder how they get away with it, example would be the buff headgear someone is selling, BIN at £10.99 with £1.99 postage, so £12.98 for a buff to be sent to you. John Lewis sell them for £12 so why make a risk buy?

simonali

Guru
I bought my missus a tennis racquet on there the other week, which was nearly £20 cheaper than I could find it anywhere else, but I usually just buy hard to find CDs off there nowadays.

mondobongo

Über Member
Yep bargains do seem to be a bit thin on the ground these days. As well as missing feedback I wish watchers would stick a bid on sometimes, have had 20+ watchers on some listings and it still hasn't sold.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We once sold some software that wouldn't install on our machine (due to the way Mr Summerdays had set up the machine ie C drive wasn't C), mentioned packet open etc and expected to get a poor price for it. Someone paid more than you would pay for it in PC world or even there was a Buy it Now that was cheaper. Some folk have no sense. I don't use it very much now.

MarkF

Guru
Feedback, does it even matter:wacko: TBH I would not trust somebody with 500+ 100% positive, I prefer the honest guy with 1-2% negatives, probably a truer reflection of honesty.

I hate tit-for-tat feedback, I get a request a week from somebody asking for positive feedback. Er, where's mine? I bought, I paid instantly, I can do no more, but now it's feedback haggle time? So, to you who I bought the Dawes Horizon from, you are not getting any, pathetic!

Worse are the people who leave a little note with your purchase, "Please leave positive feedback, just so that I know that you have received the goods safely, then I will do the same for you" Yeah, P*** off!

I agree that bargains are scarcer, things seem to be finding their nautural price but, they still exist as my £100 mint Dawes Horizon tourer proves. :wacko:

Top Bottom