EBC Temptations - I need to move house!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonC

marinyork said:
I'm stuffed if he goes under. Don't see why he should though.

Im guessing most of his business is repairing manky bikes?? Seems that way from the times I've been in, cant shift for 'em. Handy for bits and bobs though. From EBC website, repairs dont feature, so hopefully Butterworths will survive.

Anyway, talking of temptation, any of you Sheffielders live near "La Bicicleta", on Greystones Road, I do and have to ride past it every day without spending any money!!

http://www.labicicleta.co.uk/

bauldbairn

SimonC said:
From EBC website, repairs dont feature, so hopefully Butterworths will survive.

The Edinburgh - EBC has a workshop right next to the showroom and it is one of the things they're extremely proud of. They do special offers(discounts) on custom built bikes - if you buy all the parts from them and let EBC build the bike for you.
They run various levels of bike maintenance courses - from basic oil/lube/brake adjustment, to full assembley and wheel building courses for both experienced and newbie cyclists of both sexes.

They've advertised for mechanic's for their Sheffield EBC so there's going to be a workshop of some type within the building. This will probably expand to a similar size as the Edinburgh one - once the shop is more established, I'd imagine. :biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
HJ said:
The way to deal with temptation, is to give in... :laugh:

Live and work in the country side then the temptation is removed ... whats this go past shops without making a special trip?

OFC wiggle etc then tempts you ........

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
bauldbairn said:
The Edinburgh - EBC has a workshop right next to the showroom and it is one of the things they're extremely proud of. They do special offers(discounts) on custom built bikes - if you buy all the parts from them and let EBC build the bike for you.
They run various levels of bike maintenance courses - from basic oil/lube/brake adjustment, to full assembley and wheel building courses for both experienced and newbie cyclists of both sexes.

They've advertised for mechanic's for their Sheffield EBC so there's going to be a workshop of some type within the building. This will probably expand to a similar size as the Edinburgh one - once the shop is more established, I'd imagine. ;)

Whilst I might occasionally buy things in the EBC, especially in the sales, and I have been on one of their maintenance courses. I would never have my bike serviced there, I know too many people who have had bad experiences there. That is why I use the Bicycle Works, founded by people who worked for EBC but left because they didn't like the way customers were treated there...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
SimonC said:
Im guessing most of his business is repairing manky bikes?? Seems that way from the times I've been in, cant shift for 'em. Handy for bits and bobs though. From EBC website, repairs dont feature, so hopefully Butterworths will survive.

Anyway, talking of temptation, any of you Sheffielders live near "La Bicicleta", on Greystones Road, I do and have to ride past it every day without spending any money!!

http://www.labicicleta.co.uk/

What the... didn't know that was there, don't tell me about another bike shop!!!

bauldbairn

HJ said:
Whilst I might occasionally buy things in the EBC, especially in the sales, and I have been on one of their maintenance courses. I would never have my bike serviced there, I know too many people who have had bad experiences there. That is why I use the Bicycle Works, founded by people who worked for EBC but left because they didn't like the way customers were treated there...

Cheers HJ - don't use them for servicing myself, only buy from the shop - mostly in the sales like yourself. :biggrin:

I was just answering "SimonC" who said the website didn't feature repairs - hopefully the mechanics that will be employed in the Sheffield EBC branch will be better than the ones you've experienced in the Edinburgh EBC.

Top Bottom