Ebike charging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Toyoyta’s “self-charging hybrid” position is largely a marketing ploy to try and make the most of Toyota putting their resources into conventional hybrid technology whilst many others pushed the PHEV angle, which comes with genuine range benefits.

classic33

Leg End Member
There are only up's round here - what's this mythical 'downhill'.... or that's how it feels. :whistle:
Here be one

A steady descent
1641482111500.png

Last edited:
Please tell me you don't really think that the hybrid charges itself ? How ?
Yup - it does
The idea is that energy that would be used in braking and then gets dumped into the atmosphere as heat is converted into battery charge - which can then be used to power the motor - instead of petrol.

Ok - not much - but some

Yup - it does
The idea is that energy that would be used in braking and then gets dumped into the atmosphere as heat is converted into battery charge - which can then be used to power the motor - instead of petrol.

Ok - not much - but some
That's an absolutely tiny amount.

They're 'self charging' in that you fill them with petrol and the engine charges up the very small battery.

My electric car also has regen but you still have to charge it.

I think there's a lot of people confused by hybrid technology.

In theory they are more efficient overall - in spite of having to carry around an extra motor and batteries

Of course - it also depends on how you drive them - looking ahead and braking gently and early generates power to be used when you pull away again
Braking at the last minute and hard still use the normal brakes and generates heat as usual.

Top Bottom