ebike conversion mechanic manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
Hi Dicko I just read jour post. I'm thinking of fitting a Cytronex to my Dawes galaxy. Just wondering if you ever use it loaded up as I see you have a rear rack. Any information would be helpful. Regards ,colin

Hi there Colin, the Cytronex is a really simple conversion to your bike. I completed the conversion in a couple of hours with no special tools everything you need is supplied. The cost was £1k but for the price you are getting a good quality product.
I have done a grocery shopping trip to Aldi using my panniers full and plastic bag full of stuff too and it’s not a problem just whisked me along fully laden. Going into Aldi I simply remove my battery and lock the bike up. There’s about six levels of power available controlled by the handlebar power controller simple and easy to go up or down all in full colours.
I can recommend this conversion.

Binhill1

Hi there Colin, the Cytronex is a really simple conversion to your bike. I completed the conversion in a couple of hours with no special tools everything you need is supplied. The cost was £1k but for the price you are getting a good quality product.
I have done a grocery shopping trip to Aldi using my panniers full and plastic bag full of stuff too and it’s not a problem just whisked me along fully laden. Going into Aldi I simply remove my battery and lock the bike up. There’s about six levels of power available controlled by the handlebar power controller simple and easy to go up or down all in full colours.
I can recommend this conversion.

Thanks for quick reply . Yes it gets a decent review by cycling news etc. It looks OK on bikes in pics I've seen . I have a all singing offroad bike. Done 10000 miles in just under 5 years . I'm on 4th motor all renewed on warranty though. So i am a bit more cautious now especially buying from Internet.

CXRAndy

Guru
So, I guess nobody knows a good bike mechanic in South Manchester who could help?

Sorry on the Manchester front.

If your road bike has a steel/alloy (preferably) or aluminium frame with a 68mm bottom bracket. You could buy a TSDZ2 kit and do a direct drive conversion.

kfoto

Regular
Hi, well having viewed your bicycle a Yosepower ebike kit would be ideal as it is simplicity to fit, seeing as I have just added one to my new folding bike. No need for having anybody to fit it for you as this was my first time of adding one. The choice is yours over a rear or front hub motor. I chose the front because it was best for the balance of the bike as I mounted the battery on a rear carrier. Any help in fitting it I can give you will be welcome.

I don't think the Calibre bike is suitable for a front hub conversion as it has carbon fibre forks. Generally they are not recommended. I think if you wanted to convert it to a front hub motor ideally you would swap to steel forks. However the rear should be fine except it may need a torque bracket/arm in order to protect the dropouts however if its a very low spec hub motor it really shouldn't matter. It gets confusing in the UK/EU as every legal ebike is called 250W even if the reality is up to about 900W for some mid-drive motors. A true 250W hub motor should have a 7A controller at 36V and peak about 11A and that I think would be suitable for your frame without a torque bracket. A 350W motor will be about a 10A controller with a maybe a peak around 14-15A (10Ax36V=360W) but that seems to be the normal for 350W kits). Those are probably still ok for your aluminium frame without a torque bracket. Above that you would need a torque bracket and they can be a pain when sorting punctures.

Top Bottom