Edenbridge kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza81

Über Member
New to the area, picking up a bike on the weekend and wondering if anyone around the area has any good routes i could steal from them as i dont know the area at all.
Lots of country lanes and hills so i dont want to get stuck somewhere i dont know!

Probably start out with 10/15 miles if anyone has some suggestions on which way to head!

Reactions: mjr

vickster

Legendary Member
@ianrauk is quite familiar with Kent I think

Take a map with you if you think you might get lost and phone / gps coverage is sketchy

You might get some inspiration here https://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Kent-Routes-85.html

You can search for routes in Strava and Ride with GPS too

Sharky

Guru
My routes are a bit to the east of you - Eynsford, Shoreham, Wrotham and love riding along the Pilgrim's Way from Otford.
Lots of great routes, but the hills of the North Downs may surprise you.

Ightham Mote is a good destination - use the café a lot. The latter is accessible from outside the grounds, so no need to pay any entrance fees.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Edenbridge. The the cycling world is your oyster. Lovely part of the world for cycling. Others above have given you suggestions so I will just add check RideWithGps for routes too,.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Thanks guys, i like the idea of cycling up some hills with nice views at the top probably not fit enough for that at the moment though!

I planned a route to westerham, have a costa and cycle back, was only 10 miles but the elevation put me off at something like 1000ft haha

Ill have a play with strava tonight see if i can get a route planned out of all the great info above

Last edited:

MichaelO

Veteran
Great place to cycle from - I'm about 10 miles to the West & head out that way quite often. Heading East/West will be flattish, heading North or South you will hit lumps, as mentioned before. If you're looking for a 10 mile route with coffee - maybe to Chiddingstone & back?

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Lots of options, love it!

Think I'll give the ide hill a bash this weekend 5miles there 5 back. Seeing as i haven't cycled in a year that should do me good i think!

Top Bottom