Edge 800 Didn't record ride???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
I managed to get out after a long time off the bike for a 15 mile ride. I switched my edge 800 on when I set off and switched it off when I got home. The trouble is when I connected it to my computer there was no data. It hadn't recorded any of my ride.

Has anybody had similar experiences? Bit gutted because I think I hit 40mph or just over. I couldn't read my Garmin at the time as I was trying to keep my teeth from rattling.

Hope anyone who got out today had good weather.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Did you press start ;)

Gary E

Veteran
The 800 has a feature where if it detects movement it asks you if you want to start. Maybe this has to be turned on in settings.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I've never held down "lap/reset" but all of my rides have saved. I press start at the beginning and stop at the end then I just plug it into my PC and upload it to Garmin Connect. Simples :smile:

What happens when you start another ride ? Does Garmin Connect reset the handset after it has uploaded ?

Gary E

Veteran
What happens when you start another ride ? Does Garmin Connect reset the handset after it has uploaded ?
It just records the next ride and stores it too along with the old ones (until I clear the history). When you upload to Garmin Connect just select "Upload all new activities" and it ignores all the old rides and just uploads what you've done since the last upload.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah I see a few basic cock ups... I love my two Garmins but they can kick you in the ass.

The 200 is for commuting, it should lock on ok, but sometimes doesnt, pain as I use it every day. The 705 needs you to be in a clear sky before you turn on as the boot sequence is much longer than the cheaper units. The 200 will lock on quick if got clear sky

Did you press stop when finished then hold down "lap/reset" to save the data of the ride ?
Irrelevant to it recording, because as you plug it in it resets.
Had you by any chance hit the stop/pause button, it will still show cadence speed h.r. whilst in pause mode, well the 500 does.
The 500 has a feature that warns when it's paused and motion is detected.

DRHysted

Guru
Using your PC open the Garmin as a external drive, check in the folder marked activities that it is not there. Then check all other folders for a "fit" file, my Edge 500 did this with one of my rides in March for some reason it didn't store the file in the activities folder. If you find the "fit" file upload it by usinf the manual upload option on Garmin Connect.

Good Luck

Using your PC open the Garmin as a external drive, check in the folder marked activities that it is not there. Then check all other folders for a "fit" file, my Edge 500 did this with one of my rides in March for some reason it didn't store the file in the activities folder. If you find the "fit" file upload it by usinf the manual upload option on Garmin Connect.

Good Luck
or just move it to the activities folder then re connect to garmin connect ect...
It's an idea for those of you who dont, but copy your activities to a folder on your hard drive that way you always have an uncorrupted copy.

Top Bottom