Edge 800 Didn't record ride???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lavoisier

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
Using your PC open the Garmin as a external drive, check in the folder marked activities that it is not there. Then check all other folders for a "fit" file, my Edge 500 did this with one of my rides in March for some reason it didn't store the file in the activities folder. If you find the "fit" file upload it by usinf the manual upload option on Garmin Connect.

Good Luck

Thanks but no luck there, all folders empty. The display as I have mentioned was displaying speed and all other data and it was even auto pausing when I stopped. Guess I will have to wait until next time to see if it works. I thought about doing a factory reset.

Lee_M

Guru
do a factory reset and go through all the settings, also make sure you've got autostart set so it prompts you and reminds you.

it wont bring back your lost ride but it might help in future

^^+1 I was just saying that it does.
It's like it's good practise to disconnect it as device before unplugging it from your computer (or any other device, like a flash card) but how many actually do, the point about u.s.b. was that it was capable of being unplugged without turn off the power to it (hot swappable, if you like), the problem comes from if any data is being written or read at the time its unplugged. This is why it is advisable to disconnect the device.

Osh

hate when that happens - on a 24 hr ride to paris i somehow deleted the first 130 miles of my route - waaah. i made up for it by leaving the garmin running while i slept in the bus for 40 miles @ 55mph ^_^

Top Bottom