Edinburgh and surrounding areas cycle safe campaign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

Got this from the Edinburgh Council site

Drive Safe Cycle Safe October Campaign

October Roadshows

Come along to one of our roadshows being held throughout the campaign. These are happening on four dates at the end of the month and into November as follows:

Thursday 25 October 2012 - Western General Hospital 11am - 2pm
Monday 29 October 2012 - Edinburgh Royal Infirmary
Tuesday 30 October 2012 - King's Buildings House (Edinburgh University
Thursday 1 November 2012 - Potterrow (Edinburgh University)
Dr Bike from the Bike Station will be there to help make sure that your bike is in tip top condition. Lothian and Borders Police will also be coming along to electronically tag your bike as part of the Bike Register anti theft project - and this will all be free.
While you have this done you will be able to chat to the Streets Ahead Road Safety team from the Council, Police and Fire Services and we also have bike lights, slap bands and other goodies on our stand.
We look forward to seeing you there.

No problems with what's in the programme :smile:

But is it carping on my part to note what's not in the programme? A bit of driver awareness? I can be lit up like a bleeding Xmas tree and glow toxically orange in the dark ....... and drivers still get it wrong?

Only reason I mention it is - I discovered a bus company around Leeds does "further training about the awareness of cyclists in October - with it being darker and weather conditions worsening." Kinda goes without saying, with that attention to detail, that Coastliner drivers (and Harrogate & District drivers) are "knights of the road" - and have been for years.

Something for next year?

Top Bottom