Edinburgh Critical Mass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
As someone flyer my bike today, I thought I would pass on the note to those of you who commute in the environs of Auld Reekie to say that the next Critical Mass will be leaving The Mound about 6pm on Friday 25th January. So come and celebrate Cycling:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
wonder if my friend bob is going, or will he be in his taxi cursing?

Tetedelacourse

I'll be in my bathroom dunking a bairn.

English forum users, please note this means I will be giving my child a bath, and is not a euphemism for having a shoot

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tetedelacourse said:
I'll be in my bathroom dunking a bairn.

English forum users, please note this means I will be giving my child a bath, and is not a euphemism for having a shoot

As opposed to "dropping the kids off at the pool", which does... :becool:

Unfortunately, I'll be at home cooking my veggie haggis, neeps & tatties at 6pm, before settling down to record next week's podcast.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
gavintc said:
I will be celebrating the poet rather than taking part in this little demonstration.

No reason not to do that after... it is the sort of thing Burns would have approved of...

Commuter

Would I be correct in thinking a Critical Mass is made up of beardy weirdies talking about CND and real ale ?

goo_mason

Better be careful what you say, Hairy Jock's a beardy and he's handy with a D-Lock :becool::biggrin::biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Commuter said:
Would I be correct in thinking a Critical Mass is made up of beardy weirdies talking about CND and real ale ?

I would like to make it known that I have been partial to a Critical Mass ride in London and I am a clean shaven tea total believer in multilateral nuclear disarmament.

So in effect you are incorrect. :becool:

T x

goo_mason

Yep, it was a fun commute head-on into the rain and gales this morning - but a much better ride home tonight with the wind behind me.

Almost spoiled by a crazy maniac on the last mile tearing along the path at silly speed, swooping by unsuspecting peds with inches to spare and blasting through the 1-foot gap between a dog and the edge of the path at one point. No bell, no warnings - just scaring the sh1t out of people. Poor young woman with the wee dogs - the one he just missed got such a fright that it starting yapping, and the woman looked utterly shocked. I took off after him (he must have been doing 20+ according to my speedo) and starting ringing my bell like an idiot as he was approaching people up ahead so they'd have a chance to get well out of his way. Lost him in the end as I kept slowing to walking pace to safely get past folks, whilst he hammered on. Blind corners and did he slow ? Did he heck.

So - if you were the guy wearing specs, cycling a black MTB / hybrid, with your blue courier-style bag obscuring your rear light, between Stedfastgate and the end of the path at the bridge turning right towards the Shore (at around 4.40pm), you sir are a tw@t and a stupidly dangerous one at that.

Top Bottom