Edinburgh - Princes Street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
D-Rider said:
Hadn't heard about this. Really?

Apparently so - this was revealed in 2008/2009. I'll have to do some Googling to find it again!

OP
OP
D-Rider

D-Rider

Touche said:
The issue with Leith walk is mentioned in this Cycling & Trams leaflet. For details, you may want to look at the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO). I havn't studied this in detail for Leith Walk as I have been more concerned with the crossing of Princes Street at The Mound and the changes to Picardy Roundabout.

Thanks Touche but.... man..... if that gobildigook is meant to say that you can't cycle on Leith Walk post-trams there's a real problem. Of course they've been pulling the wool over our eyes regarding the trams for so long now I shouldn't be surprised.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
You will be able, theoretically, to cycle on Leith Walk post-trams that is why there are ASLs shown on the plans, but there will be no cycle lane as it will be remove to make room for on street parking. It is not a great way to encourage cycling, and not what you would expect from a city that has signed by to the Charter of Brussels (the only UK city to do so).

OP
OP
D-Rider

D-Rider

Having unwittingly coined the phrase, I'm looking forward to the "post-tram" era. It's when they've realised the trams were a big mistake and taken them away again..... Unfortunately these golden ages only last about 50 years before some brings them back....

Top Bottom