Edited posts not showing as such.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
It is likely that the original post has been edited after you quoted it.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
If you report some examples,@User, we might be able to see more details of when things were edited (or not!). Just refer to this thread in the report so we know why you're reporting yourself.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Your right, it doesn't always say last edited. I've just edited my post and it is now different from my post that you've just quoted.
After what sort of time gap? There is a small window for correcting typo's immediately after posting. I know that one as that's often when I spot my mistakes, why I can't see it until after I hit the Post button I don't know.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
OK, will do.
This post that you reported...
Post in thread 'Helmet - would you or wouldn't you?' by Adrian has been reported by Adrian.

...Steve in Denmark added the final sentence (I like how this thread is going) 3 minutes after the original post - so that is within the 'correcting errors' window allowed by the software.

The Cunobelin quote you also reported - again, the edit was made about 3 minutes after the original post.

So likely just something to be aware of if posting on a thread where things are being replied to quickly.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Can it not be just removed? An edit is an edit after all, no matter what the reason.
What, the edit? Or the time slot? I suppose the time could be made (say) 2 minutes, but that is something for Shaun to do.

If it bothers you, there is no reason why you cannot edit your own post (even the quote in it) to make it the same as the revised post, or alternatively, you can add a note to your own post to point out that the thing you were quoted was edited after you quoted it.

Rapples

Guru
Things are getting worse.

I've just tried to edit a post and it's disappeared completely without trace.

Is there no end to the psychological damage this forum can create?

classic33

Leg End Member
Edit within five minutes of making the post, and it won't show as being edited.
Anything over five minutes will show as being edited. One year time limit on editing a post.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Just a reminder of part of the rules, folks (including @Rapples )
  • Fixed That For You (FTFY) - Quoting, and then altering the post/s of another member for comic effect, can be fun and add to the enjoyment of the community. However, it should be clear what you have changed and that it is intended as harmless fun. Otherwise altering quoted posts is not allowed - with the exception of trimming a quote (leaving a ... to show where material has been omitted) or highlighting a specific section to reply to.

Top Bottom