Eeek!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Was wiping down the Dahon after today's torrential downpour when I noticed the rear disk brake caliper seemed rather too rattley. It turns out that the bolts attaching it to the frame were loose to the point of falling out! Worse still, the front brake was almost as bad!! I've now made sure every bolt I could find has been thoroughly tightened.

Must remember to check bolts are secure more often in future....

battered

Guru
Good plan. You may wish to undo them and reassemble with a drop of threadlock. £3 in a car accessory shop. You can also use nail varnish if you have a colour that no longer suits you. ;-)

Once done up with this it won't work loose. It will come apart with normal hand tools.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Eek. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. +1 to the nail varnish, even if in a colour you still like. Might as well coordinate things.

OP
OP
Wobblers

Wobblers

Euthermic
Nail varnish: now that's a good idea. My housemate has lots in various garish hues - I'm sure she wouldn't mind me appropriating some of it! :sad:

That's nothing - my colleague and I did a Doctor Bike session at a school today and we had a child's MTB with the forks in back to front. It also had both front brake blocks wobbling around with the nuts holding them to the V brake arms being less than finger-tight. It was brand new and had obviously been bought for the child to do their Bikeability course. Thank goodness we got to it before the child went down a steep hill (of which there are plenty in the locality).

Top Bottom