Egg and roll trailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks well cool that.

Looks indeed cool, if it's right for you will depend a lot on what you want to transport with it as it's not very spacious but considering the mounting system and shape and the fiberglass i do think it is much faster then other trailers.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
It does look cool, but:

It doesn't look as if you can carry all that much in it. For many loads, you'd be far better off with two or four panniers (unless you're already carrying four panniers), or a flat-bed, two-wheeled trailer. (After all, aerodynamic efficiency is unlikely to be an important factor once you're hauling a trailer - unless it's with a Cab Bike, which this company also makes... although even that's hardly the slipperiest velomobile...)

The wheel is so small that the load is going to get seriously rattled and shaken, and it probably won't roll very smoothly (this is one reason why bikes usually have much bigger wheels than this). Two larger wheels, with nice tyres, would probably roll much better and make hauling it easier.

One-wheeled trailers can be a bit sketchy if carrying any serious load. And if it's not a heavy load, why not put it on the bike?

I guess it's eye-catching, but then again it's so small and low you'd pretty much have to trip over it to notice it in an urban environment. Perhaps you could deliver eggs in it, but not many, and they'd definitely be pre-scrambled on arrival.

biketrailerguy

Interesting - wasn't aware of this particular offering before. As previously mentioned, I'd agree that a potential buyer / user would have to very seriously consider what type of load they intended to carry and how often etc
I assume that foldable single wheel trailers exist - even though I don't remember seeing any - but this doesn't, so it suffers from the usual 'trailer problem' - storage when not in use.
Not for me.

biketrailerguy

Indoor pictures show it with what looks like an awful plasticky cast wheel, whereas outdoor pictures show metal spokes.

Looks - and weight to some extent aside - surely it depends on the quality of the wheel for the intended purpose?
Whenever suitable contenders as spares for my trailer cross my path, I'll always snaffle them on site and check them at my leisure later.
In my experience, they vary greatly in quality, irrespective of construction - as you'd expect.
I've had no problems with my current (plastic) wheels in normal use (5.5yrs) and, at 260mm dia they're actually smaller than the one on the 'Egg'
'Gold standard' - for my particular trailer - are QR stub axle wheels with a completely removable stub axle, as this feature makes them easier to stow on the bike.

Top Bottom