elbow / shin guards advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OliverAmoros

Don't know if you've bought these already but I tried on loads of shin pads recently and found all the 661 pads very uncomfortable and opted for some Troy Lee Designs pads in the end with detachable knee sections which have come in handy when you don't want to get fully padded up. Plus they're very comfy!

Think I managed to get them a bit cheaper than the link suggests too!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Not worth it unless you're a hardcore downhiller on a motorbike with no engine. You will be paying good money to sweat and feel uncomfortable. IMO.

GilesM

Legendary Member
I agree with Globalti, you don't really need them unless you're up for some pretty serious stuff, however if you don't mind the discomfort and it helps with your confidence then there is no real problem using them.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
never bothered with them, seen folk with them down Glentress, but I managed the Spooky wood without pads, just a helmet and a big grin xx(. Unless your doing Fort Bill this weekend no need :smile:

OliverAmoros

GilesM said:
you don't really need them unless you're up for some pretty serious stuff, however if you don't mind the discomfort

I think it's a case you don't really need them until that one time you need them. I was out for 8 weeks last year after a modest crash smashed my knee up. Probably best to have some in your backpack and use them as and when a cheeky jump or drop off catches your eye;)

Top Bottom