Elderly rider rescued from canal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davos87

Guru
Me and the wife had a run out to Saltaire and then onto the 5 locks at Bingley. We had a cuppa and a bacon sarnie at the 5 rise locks cafe and on reading some of the reviews on google, one stated that the cafe staff went the extra mile when a cyclist fell into the canal.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A friend of mine was cycling back from a party rather the worse for wear along the Rochdale canal towpath when he decided to headbutt a low bridge. He confirms that it is possible to sober up in less than one second ... All it takes is a sharp blow to the head (no helmet), and sudden immersion in very cold water! :laugh:

PS Providing that the blow does not render you unconscious, in which particular case you would probably die! :eek:

U

User169

Some of the canal bits around Maryhill are treacherous, cobbled narrow under bridge passages, with no safety rail.
There is one where I always dismount, if there was an incoming cyclist one of us would end in the water!

That happened to me passing under a bridge along the Regents Canal in London. Fortunately, the oncoming cyclist stopped and helped me to get my bike out of the water.

Top Bottom