Electra Straight 8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8 Ball

Hi all.... not sure where to post this. I have just bought this bike (another 40something hoping for a thinner, fitter me) and I'd kinda like a manual for it.. I have emailed the UK importers and Electra in the states and both have pointedly ignored me (how rude).. Any sugggestions would be good.

Thanks in advance
Steve

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Is there anything in particular you are trying to find out that is not on the web site? We might (or might not) be able to help.

OP
OP
8 Ball

8 Ball

Hi..

Yeah I'd like to know stuff like tyre pressures, gear adjustment etc, torque settings for wheel nuts & so on.. As its 2nd hand it would be nice to know its setup correctly so I get the best out of it...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I deal with the easy ones,

Tyre pressures: the max pressure is usually marked on the side of the tyre
Gear adjustment: it is a Shimano Nexus 8 speed, so see here

Torque settings? Um does it rattle?

Where is mickle when you need him...

OP
OP
8 Ball

8 Ball

Cheers chaps..

Sidewall says 35-50 so have them at max? -

Its a Shimano Nexus 3 speed which seems to take a couple of seconds to react, is that normal?

Doesnt seem to particularly rattle! so maybe its all done up tight enough...

The Electra Website does offer an 'installation manua', but the link doesn't work and the company ignores my email :-(

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I would just keep the tyres over 40, if you are a wee bit on the heavy side then take them to the max, but this maybe less comfortable. Enjoy :evil:

8 Ball said:
Cheers chaps..

Sidewall says 35-50 so have them at max? -

Its a Shimano Nexus 3 speed which seems to take a couple of seconds to react, is that normal?

Doesnt seem to particularly rattle! so maybe its all done up tight enough...

The Electra Website does offer an 'installation manua', but the link doesn't work and the company ignores my email :-(

To be fair (aside from the now defunct Bridgestone Bicycles one) every owners manual I've ever seen has been pretty useless.

It's a nice bike though, you should add it to this list, my Black Phantom is pretty lonely all on its own down there.

OP
OP
8 Ball

8 Ball

Thanks.. will add it to that list.. which category? Road bikes? That seems to mean racers.. maybe a new category 'Cruisers'...?

Tyres set to 40!

Top Bottom