Electric mini pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
I'm in the market for a new mini pump to take on the club runs etc and I came across this Mini Pump seems perfect, but there must be a catch? Or can I throw away the mini pump.and co2 cartridges?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Reviews look good, but you can never discard the mini pump as back up.
It says it will inflate two tyres with ease, but the day will come when you have three or more or you forget to recharge it.

Just get a Topeak Road Morph and you'll be sorted.

It's yet another thing to charge up and probably end up as landfill in a few years, unlike a decent pump.

I go a long time between 'incidents' - i'd not be at all sure that the electric pump has a charge when I need it - and the ones I have seen are pretty heavy and blocky. It'd have to go on the bike rather than in a pocket and if it's on the bike I'm less likely to take it out every month or so to recharge.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
looking at the specs its not really any quicker than a mini pump, of course you might get a higher pressure but as stated above a road morph etc will be just as quick and not prone to charging issues.
Of course if your after a compact pump and have issues with using a standard pump then it is a viable option.For club runs i carry a mini pump next to a bottle cage and a co2 inflator in the saddle bag so i have back up options .

MikeG

Guru
I detest unnecessary gadgets, and technology used where it isn't needed........

..........but my wife has feeble wrists and hands, and even if she manages a tube change herself, she simply doesn't have the strength to operate a manual mini-pump. These things could make the difference between her doing solo rides on new roads, or sticking to a radius of 5 or 10 miles from home, so I'll certainly be investigating.

Adam4868

Guru
Lidl have electric pump in from the 21st March....other cycling stuff as well.Not sure of the size of it though.

IMG_20240314_143559967.jpg

ianbarton

Veteran
How heavy is the electric mini pump compared to a mini standard bike pump? Personally, I carry a CO2 cylinder and a mini manual pump. The mini pump has saved me more than once when I have initially failed to find the thorn causing the puncture, or had more than one wheel puncture.

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
Thanks for the replies.
I have a Topeak pump for mountain biking but trying to hang a pump off a angular carbon frame is problematic.
Got a mini Lezney which I can fit in a pocket but wanted to avoid CO2 cartridges.

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
How heavy is the electric mini pump compared to a mini standard bike pump? Personally, I carry a CO2 cylinder and a mini manual pump. The mini pump has saved me more than once when I have initially failed to find the thorn causing the puncture, or had more than one wheel puncture.

It's 97 grammes.

Top Bottom