electric paint sprayer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kiwifruit

Über Member
I might have been completely wrong on some of the above. I now understand that airless and HVLP (high volume low pressure" sprayers can be pukka kit used by pro's not just toys for amateurs. I'm going down a similar investigation for respraying my kitchen cabinets
Have look at the Qtech HVLP machines, think they are as good as Graco.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Have look at the Qtech HVLP machines, think they are as good as Graco.

Thanks - will have a look. I tend not to mind buying "pro" kit even if I am only going to use it now and again. I wouldn't mind something also suitable for spraying motorcycles / cars too

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I bought one of the Wagner ones a few years ago for the fence. Never been out of the box, impulse buy thing. I'll be buying an HVLP one for doing small bits on the old Volvo & Capri though.
Housework, rollers and brushes, every time.

newts

Veteran
I bought this in early April for £70, price has shot up a bit since then.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Detachable-Containers-Adjustable-Retractable-Universal/dp/B07GYLSL4T/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Tacklife+Paint+Sprayer&qid=1591988290&sr=8-3

Initially it was for fence panels.
You have to water down the Ronseal fencelife by around 30% to get the correct viscocity but 2 coats covered very well.
20 x 5ft fence panels (one side) in under 3 1/2 hours for both coats including ceaning the gun out, well pleased.
Next up was white Dulux satinwood on interior doors, weather good & low winds meant I could do it outside. rubbed over doors with scotchbrite & wpied over with a damp cloth. Dust sheet on the patio took care of minimal overspray. Approx 30% water dilution, sprayed 3 coats around 20 mins apart & they came out well. Not used indoors for emulsion yet but I'm sure we'll freshen up a room when autumn arrives.

kiwifruit

Über Member
Thanks - will have a look. I tend not to mind buying "pro" kit even if I am only going to use it now and again. I wouldn't mind something also suitable for spraying motorcycles / cars too
Word of advice after each job make sure you clean the machine and gun properly, if using for example oil base product e.g gloss, use white spirit to clean it out then put something like Pump Armour ( is a blue liquid) through, but leave some in the machine and gun so the paint doesn’t go hard in the machine. If don’t do that and paint goes hard it won’t be covered by there warranty.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We used one, but it was a long time ago. Hopefully they have improved as it was rubbish. Paint kept getting blocked in the pipe and it was so much trouble to clean out than it was worth plus the paint went everywhere and we had to mask everything . Penny wise and pound foolish in our case. We never bothered again. :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom