Elephant Bike - your modifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dwn

I’ve just ordered an elephant bike, and in advance of it arriving I’ve been wondering about any useful modifications / accessories. I’ll be going for the one with a front tray rather than the basket and will be using it mainly for shopping trips (perhaps the odd excursion along the canal path as well).

I will be fitting a B17 saddle (got an old one lying around) but wondered if anyone else has fitted anything that proved to be useful?

thanks

sheddy

Legendary Member
Does it come with a trunk ?

sorry...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I haven't made any modifications. One thing I would like is front and rear dynamo lighting- so it's always ready to go shopping. The wheels aren't the best on mine so perhaps will eventually have them rebuilt and have a hub brake/ dynamo hub up front.

I haven't even got around to changing the terrible saddle since I rarely ride it more than a few miles.

Useful stuff:

Really big panniers.

Stretchy luggage straps & bungees.

Reactions: Dwn

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Some sort of front light that will fit on the fork mount (since anything on the handlebar will be obscured by shopping)

Reactions: Dwn
OP
OP
Dwn

Dwn

I’ve got a rear rack light in the shed, so should able to use that - although being retired means I have the luxury of not cycling outside the hours of daylight. Extra large panniers definitely of interest, and bungees will be useful

IaninSheffield

Veteran
As I've toured on mine, I added a bottle cage bracket for the stem post, but that might be unnecessary if you'll only be on shopping trips.

Juliansou

Two elephant bike posts in one evening!!
l‘ve added brown bar handles & a brown saddle just to give it a slightly more ‘retro’ look. I’ve got the basket and tray but have cobbled together a dog carrier for the front & a shopping box with a cargo net on the rear. Insulated drinks carrier for the coffee on the bars.

OP
OP
Dwn

Dwn

That looks very classy - the saddle and bar grips really complement the frame colours

Top Bottom