Elite Crono Fluid turbo trainer does not fit bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gilesrowbotham

Hi. I have a Cannondale Topstone Alloy 105 bike with a 142x12mm thru axle and an Elite Crono Fluid trainer. I have purchased the Elite QR thru axle adapter which fits my wheel perfectly. But I have a fundamental problem that I cannot open the turbo trainer wide enough to get the QR adapter to seat in place. See the attached photos. Has anyone come across this before? Many thanks for any thoughts.

Attachments

• elite crono 1.jpg
    elite crono 1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 89
  • elite crono 2.jpg
    elite crono 2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 91
  • elite crono 3.jpg
    elite crono 3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 81
I had the same problem with a old cyclops turbo that would not fit 142mm, it was a cheap turbo so I just took a hacksaw and angle grinder and file to one of the turbo axle supports and lopped around 7mm off it. Most time was spent getting a angle filed to the inside of the support tube so it would grip the bike QR properly. Depends if you have the tools and mind hacking it about.

si_c

Guru
Specs state that this trainer only supports QR wheels and not thru axle wheels, this would indicate to me that this bike is unsuitable for your trainer. Either you need a new bike or a new trainer, or an old bike just for using with the current one.

Top Bottom