Elite Realtour Turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Anybody out there got one?? what do you think of it? and what real video's have you got??

Thanks
Jowwy

Snaily

Hi Jowwy,

I see since you made this post you have gone ahead and purchased an Elite RealTour FF. I have been searching for information and reviews on this trainer but have so far been unsuccessful.

I currently have a BKOOL trainer which has been returned to Wiggle after problems developed with the unit failing to adjust resistance after only 3 months of use totalling just 300 miles since purchase just prior to Christmas.
The BKOOL was fairly reasonable value for money at just 8€ per month with all video rides included.

I have been looking at the Tacx Flow but put off by reports of flaky software and then there is the additional cost of advanced software, ride DVDs and google earth subscription, this has then led me look at the Elite RealTour FF.

I have even considered the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine in conjunction with Trainerroad and Sufferfest but after using a VR trainer, albeit for a very short time, feel I may get bored.

How have your experiences been so far with the RealTour in relation to the use of the hardware, ride videos and additional costs incurred after purchase? What made up your mind to buy the RealTour, did you find any reviews?

Thanks

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I didnt find any reviews to be honest, i just boughg what i wanted.

There has been no cost as such inccured after the purchase of the turbo as yet. But additional videos for the machine are around £20 each and you can also add inyour own gps routes from your garmin too. The machine hasnt been used for a while as im out on the road a lot now.

But come winter i will be building some training programmes within the machines training software to ensure i get a good winters training programme done.

The resistance in the flywheel ks accurate upto a 6% climb anything bigger and it will just use maximum resistance of 6%.

If you buy the machine it comes with 2 videos, which last for around an 1hr or so, which is just about the mac time i can cope for on a turbo

Top Bottom