Elite Sterzo Smart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan77

Does anyone in here use this for Zwift?

I'm really tempted to go for it. I like the idea of being able to find the draft...it's frustrating when your avatar is close enough but off line. I also like the idea of being able to take a good line around corners.

Probably the only real concern I have is that apparently you can no longer ride through other people if it's enabled. On a free ride or workout I suppose that's no bother but in a blob of 500 riders on a group ride or the start line of TdZ I can see that being a problem.

Would appreciate the opinion of anyone who has one.

BurningLegs

Veteran
@Whorty has one I think, so probably the best person to comment.

I don't have one, but don't see steering enabled in many events. Doesn't seem to have taken off the way I expected to be honest.

I got one a few days ago and it's a lot of fun. No use for mass events like Tour de Zwift as they turn it off but out by yourself you can take the bends the way you want to. No more going the long way round.

On hairpin bends climbing you can increase the gradient by taking the direct line or easier by going the long way round.

It does seem to make me faster getting past people but maybe that is just me wishing it was like that.

You can still ride through people but you can't barge them out of the way.

OP
OP
Dan77

Dan77

I got one a few days ago and it's a lot of fun. No use for mass events like Tour de Zwift as they turn it off but out by yourself you can take the bends the way you want to. No more going the long way round.

On hairpin bends climbing you can increase the gradient by taking the direct line or easier by going the long way round.

It does seem to make me faster getting past people but maybe that is just me wishing it was like that.

You can still ride through people but you can't barge them out of the way.
Ah. I watched a DC Rainmaker video and he said you couldn't ride through people and showed that on the video. The video is from back in August though so maybe that's been tweaked.

I remembered to report back. The AI just kind of bumps you around cyclists so you don't ride through as much as round.

Not tried it in a big bunch though - you'd have to go through there or you'd never get past.

It's quite fun flattening out the hairpins as much as you can.

OP
OP
Dan77

Dan77

Thanks for reporting back. I have just ordered one anyway. I can always decide not to pair it for bigger events if it's an issue. I spend so much time on Zwift at the moment that it's really easy to justify the spend.

Top Bottom