Ello again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello! How are you and Penfold doing?

Ey up Doug, I am spot on mate.........Penfold isn't, the op went extremely well but the arthritis is now in her feet so her cycling days are definitely over and I am her taxi so my days of being on two wheels are numbered too, I am still getting out and about but not like anything I used to do as I have to be there for her and work but still plodding on

Well after nearly 2 years out of the saddle, Eileen decided to have a go on our sons bike.........she can ride it, ok its around the cul de sac but its a start again, going to see if any of my mates have a small roadbike she can borrow for a day, see how she feels and hopefully we may be back as weekend warriors.

Great to be back(ish) Doug and VV.......:blush:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics2.gif

Well its not as good as we hoped fellas, she hasn't got anywhere near enough movement in her knee to ride any sort of distance, 2 or 3 minutes and that's her absolute limit, so we now have come to terms with the fact sho wont be riding a bike again, sad but a fact now, so we have decided.........Eileen has gone back into photography, she has her camera and a few lenses to mess around with and as I am still fit(ish) after a year or so off the bike I am treating myself to a Trek Madone and going to carry on, the missus can do the pics from now on.......so watch this space..........again, oh and thanks for all the well wishes she got by pm.

onwards and upwards from now on I think

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
All the best for the future! :hugs:

All the best for the future! :hugs:

Cheers Doug, looks like I am a lone rider like back in the 80s :bicycle:but at least the missus has her hobby to keep her (and me) occupied, no doubt I will still have to do all her processing as it was like in the old days when we were both semi pro photographers, but if it keeps her happy and I get out on the bike........we are both happy.

How are you keeping anyway:smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I had the second op to reverse what had happened previously, but when they cut me open they found that I had too much scar tissue from the original emergency op, so they couldn't do anything.
Also they damaged my bladder in the process as it had prolapsed and was in the way of where they were looking at, so I had to sport a most fetching catheter bag for a while whilst it healed.

So I'm stuck with the other existing bag forever, but at least I can still claim the dubious distinction of being able to take a sh*t whilst riding my bike without having to stop or have any mess or fuss whatsoever! :laugh:

Last edited:
I had the second op to reverse what had happened previously, but when they cut me open they found that I had too much scar tissue from the original emergency op, so they couldn't do anything.
Also they damaged my bladder in the process as it had prolapsed and was in the way of where they were looking at, so I had to sport a most fetching catheter bag for a while whilst it healed.

So I'm stuck with the other existing bag forever, but at least I can still claim the dubious distinction of being able to take a sh*t whilst riding my bike without having to stop or have any mess or fuss whatsoever! :laugh:

Jeezus that's crap mate.........at least you still have your humour, don't think I would in your circumstance, do you still manage to get a decent ride in or just locals

Top Bottom