'ello there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stainboy

Having just moved from Sheffield to Norwich to become a mature student I have gone from one extreme end of the hilly section to the other. I'm not from Sheffield, I was just living there a while, long story. I've come to Norwich to be a mature student and since I live on the edge of the city want to cycle into uni every day. At the moment the bus is costing me near enough £5 a day, it wouldn't if I bought the bus pass, but I want to cycle.

I've been tearing my hair out trying to find a bike though, hardly anything "right" comes up on ebay. I don't want a mountain bike, I want some kind of big town bike I can attach panniers to the back. I wish I could get my hands on a postmans bike, I worked for Royal Mail a couple of times, they're good bikes. There's one on ebay but it's too far for me to get to. There's a guy that comes to the uni called Dr Bike who fixes peoples bikes up and does sell some but I missed him last time and nobody ever knows when he's coming.

I'm also dreadfully attracted to recumbent bikes, despite their huge price difference, I just think they look awesome but I worry about the lower sight level in traffic. I'm going to make a seperate post about this as I know there's one for sale.

Stainboy, hello and :welcome: . Good luck with bike hunting, as you say, have an ask around on here.

Top Bottom