Elvis Presley and a group called The Wedding Present.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i don't have any of their records?

(apart from a couple of cheeky downloads)

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
no, would like to have had though. I can remember my mate buying them all, thats how i remember.
Think i saw them a few times as well, all a bit hazy around that time.

Its the amount of singles released in a year or something like that. Isn't it? ;)

Cheddar George

oober member
I used to love the Wedding Present , always used to try and watch them when they played in Bristol . The only headline band i saw who didn't do encores, a strange experience as it happens, but it always left you wanting more.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Form there website
"The band came up with their next intriguing idea in 1992. By the end of December, The Wedding Present had released twelve singles, one per month, equalled Elvis Presley's 35 year old record for "most hits in one year", rekindled everyone's interest in that ultimate pop format, the 7" and led the NME to describe the band as "casually revolutionary and underhandedly unique". A gang of impressive names, including Ian Broudie from The Lightning Seeds and legendary Rolling Stones producer Jimmy Miller collaborated on the industry-challenging project, ultimately to be compiled on the two HIT PARADE albums and awarded "record of the week" by Tony Parsons in The Daily Telegraph."

http://www.scopitones.co.uk/biography.htm

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Steve Austin said:
no, would like to have had though. I can remember my mate buying them all, thats how i remember.
Think i saw them a few times as well, all a bit hazy around that time.

Its the amount of singles released in a year or something like that. Isn't it? ;)
Shortest quote for me to copy Steve. Bang on, Elvis managed it in 1977, by the mere fact he fell off his bog and didn't breath again.

shaun75

Über Member
I bought a couple, lost interest, then bought them all on the Hit Parade cd.

Cant believe it was 1992! 15 years ago!!!!!!!

Cheers Elmer i'm feeling old now (even though i'm not, i must add!)

Top Bottom