Emailing pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
How do you make pictures small enough to email? Mine are stored on Picasa on my PC.
Do I have to I resize them and if so are they permanently resized?

Cheers

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
you should resize them. i'd recommend getting photoshop elements for this. it's simple to resize them, just remember to name them something different from the original.

it's even easier with iphoto on the mac, but as you're pc based i'll spare the details.

domtyler

Über Member
rich p said:
How do you make pictures small enough to email? Mine are stored on Picasa on my PC.

Cheers

The basic rule that you should never ignore is to save a copy of your picture first. Before you start doing any kind of editing. Ignore this rule at your peril! :thumbsup::evil:

Then, yes, you can resize and crop to your hearts content.

Maz

Guru
You could upload your photos to PhotoBucket (for example) and just send them the link to the picture. The file size then doesn't matter.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Maz said:
You could upload your photos to PhotoBucket (for example) and just send them the link to the picture. The file size then doesn't matter.

They can see all your pics then can't they?

Ape, the last one for your eyes only!!

DSCN0653.jpg

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Have you trimmed that bush recently ? (the one behind the chair of course :smile:)

Maz

Guru
rich p said:
They can see all your pics then can't they?
If you want them to.
If not, then don't call them pic1.jpg, pic2.jpg, pic3.jpg, pic4.jpg (ooh that's a bit fruity!), pic5.jpg...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
rich p said:

Cheers
Start a Picasa online album (through google account, if you have one). You can keep your albums private, and invite people to see single pics or a whole album. I've tried it recently, and it seems to work fine (I've asked peeps could they see owt else, and they said "no"). So you can have an album called "Damsels in the back garden" or some such. :smile::sad:

Carwash

Señor Member
alecstilleyedye said:
you should resize them. i'd recommend getting photoshop elements for this.

'Photoshop Elements'? Just for resizing a few photos? What a bunch of pansies! :smile: That'll take forever if you have a lot of pictures to do.

This'll see you right:

Code:
mogrify -resize 1024x1024 -filter Cubic -unsharp 1.0x1.0+0.8+0.05 -quality 85 -format jpg +profile "*" *.JPG

Make sure you've taken a copy of your originals first though.

In all seriousness, for what most people use Photoshop for, GIMP is just as capable - and free to boot. But people tend to prefer what they're familiar with, I suppose...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Carwash said:
'Photoshop Elements'? Just for resizing a few photos? What a bunch of pansies! :smile: That'll take forever if you have a lot of pictures to do.

This'll see you right:

Code:
mogrify -resize 1024x1024 -filter Cubic -unsharp 1.0x1.0+0.8+0.05 -quality 85 -format jpg +profile "*" *.JPG

Make sure you've taken a copy of your originals first though.

In all seriousness, for what most people use Photoshop for, GIMP is just as capable - and free to boot. But people tend to prefer what they're familiar with, I suppose...
never done a batch process then?

Maz

Guru
Anyone else here use irfanview? It's free, simple and works a treat for image reduction, conversions etc.

Top Bottom