Embarrassment City

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Was cycling along a country lane to-day. Major ice where the sun hadn't got to yet so I was crawling along at bits.

A couple out for a walk passed the opposite way and said "It's a bit icy, isn't it". "Yes", I replied. "It's OK though if you go slow"

At that EXACT SECOND the bike went out from under me.:biggrin::blush::biggrin:

dudi

The secret of comedy:

It's all in the timing...

hope you didnt damage anything in the process!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Painful and embarrassing. People usually find a bike fall amusing for some reason rather like footballers and cricketers do when a teammate gets one in the goolies.

iGaz

Reminds me of the huge crash I had whilst standing still on my MTB commuter, was about 7 in the morning and dark, and I was still half asleep when I pulled up at the end of my road completely forgetting my feet were tied into the SPDs, cue the startled fall to the left, muttering the word, "Bollocks!!!"

Downward

Guru
iGaz said:
Reminds me of the huge crash I had whilst standing still on my MTB commuter, was about 7 in the morning and dark, and I was still half asleep when I pulled up at the end of my road completely forgetting my feet were tied into the SPDs, cue the startled fall to the left, muttering the word, "Bollocks!!!"

Wonder how many of us have done this half asleep in the early mornings

OP
OP
Halfmanhalfbike

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
MajorMantra said:
:headshake: Couldn't help laughing a little, but hope you're ok. I didn't realise it was that cold last night actually.

Bike and me both fine. I fell to the left onto the grass verge so no damage. I was out in the Bathgate Hills and some areas were fine but other bits were sheet ice where the rain had frozen. Won't be going there again until April:smile:

I was over the other side of the water today in the Cleish Hills. The verges had a light covering of powdery snow. Half way up a car stopped and warned me it was quite bad on the other side once you're past the top. I thank him carried on for a few miles to the top but when the snow was quite thick I decided not to continue. I had know idea it was cold enough for snow to lie.

Top Bottom