1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emma Pooley - amazing

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Flying_Monkey, 25 Mar 2008.

1. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

After plugging away solidly for a few years, our own Emma Pooley come out and wins the Trofeo Alfredo Binda (second round of the world cup this year), and wins it convincingly too ahead of a pretty strong field...

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

A great perfomance by all accounts, she can rest assured she will be more closely covered in future races!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Great Result. Nice to see a British climber excel at a World class level.

4. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Other than Heather Mills McC you mean:rolleyes:

Great news, tell me you knowledgable types, does Emma have an older brother who was a track cyclist...Mike Pooley, or is that name just coincidence?

5. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Wasn't Mike Pooley scottish?
    I thought Emma was from Fatbirds territory - Wafflycat's way.

6. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

Emma has a younger brother my age who I went to school with, and a younger sister.

7. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Cheers Dave5N, I think Mike was Scottish, recall him from working at BOC many years ago. Paths crosseed a few times. Nice guy. Just coincidence to have track cyclists by the name of Pooley, not overly common as a name.