Emma Pooley - amazing

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Flying_Monkey, 25 Mar 2008.

1. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

After plugging away solidly for a few years, our own Emma Pooley come out and wins the Trofeo Alfredo Binda (second round of the world cup this year), and wins it convincingly too ahead of a pretty strong field...

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

A great perfomance by all accounts, she can rest assured she will be more closely covered in future races!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Great Result. Nice to see a British climber excel at a World class level.

4. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Other than Heather Mills McC you mean:rolleyes:

Great news, tell me you knowledgable types, does Emma have an older brother who was a track cyclist...Mike Pooley, or is that name just coincidence?

5. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Wasn't Mike Pooley scottish?
    I thought Emma was from Fatbirds territory - Wafflycat's way.

6. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

Emma has a younger brother my age who I went to school with, and a younger sister.

7. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Cheers Dave5N, I think Mike was Scottish, recall him from working at BOC many years ago. Paths crosseed a few times. Nice guy. Just coincidence to have track cyclists by the name of Pooley, not overly common as a name.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice