Empolee of the month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ELL

Über Member
I have just won employee of the month at my work which came as a surprise as I have only just been their 3 months.Needless to say I was very happy and the £100 voucher came in very useful. Now I work in accounts and have never worked anywhere before that had employee of the month and it got me wondering if many places do this. Is it that big in the UK or is it just mostly maccy d's that do it?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I have two jobs and we don't have such a thing in either - but at one of them, we'd each get it every third month on average, so it wouldn't mean so much....
:thumbsup:

Maz

Guru
ELL said:
I have just won employee of the month at my work which came as a surprise as I am self-employed have only just been their 3 months.
Corrected that for you.

Seriously, well done, ELL!

gavintc

Guru
Well done Ell. It does sound terribly American, but there is no harm in some company back slapping and general bonhomie, especially if you come out of it £100 richer rather than some dreadful citation printed on the office laserjet. Well done - don't drink it all at once!

longers

Legendary Member
Well done ELL :thumbsup:, who voted for it? The other employees?

I got it one month as a general assistant in a hotel. Fifty quid, a badge anna stifficate.

Helly79

That really good well done, at my old job we had a performance relate bonus which were gift voucher every month if the company did well and also base on if you worked well. I was able to save them up and buy my wedding rings with them ROFL

postman

Legendary Member
Royal Mail did .
And made a big thing about it .

They also had Postman of the Year Competition .

I got to a regional final one year .It was held in York .Jim Bowen of that darts programme was the Host .

Didn't win but i got a beautiful glass engraved decanter .Just checked it was 1995 .

Also got an award in 1997 for community work .

Finally won £1000 in a Community Scheme ,at an award ceremony in Birmingham .Which we spent entirely on having our own cycling clothing made by Endura .

All this ecause of my cycling .I started a works team and we cycled for 10 years raising monbey for various charities .

Great times great people .

OP
OP
ELL

ELL

Über Member
longers said:
Well done ELL :thumbsup:, who voted for it? The other employees?

I got it one month as a general assistant in a hotel. Fifty quid, a badge anna stifficate.

It was voted for by th managers and I think I had a lot of good feed back from our customers so that went a long way towards it i think

We had employee of the month for each department. I also once won £50 for a money saving idea that I submitted (pretty obvious thing really, the easiest £50 I've ever earned) and I was chuffed about it.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
£100, not to be sneezed at, certainly better than just a pat on the back, well done.

At a previous company they had a revision of the rewards scheme and introduced a new award - the Thank You certificate - that was it, just a bit of coloured paper that said thankyou on it - it went down really well:evil:

Top Bottom