End of Plusnet mobile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
GifGaf here... Cheapish and I've had no problems with them. They piggyback of O2.
I've got over £25 of credit by signing up a few other people via free sim cards. It's useful to have in case you need to call pricey non-geographic numbers.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Recently received an email from Plusnet saying they are no longer offering mobile services to new customers, although they will keep existing customers going “for now”.
As an alternative they suggest I switch now to EE, £10 per month for 10GB + unlimited minutes & text. Given I’m currently on 15GB + unlimited… for £9 a month this hardly seems a bargain. (This plan is way more than I generally need, but occasionally when away from home I have nearly hit the data limit.)

Any suggestions for an alternate provider if (when?) I get bumped to EE?

There's shedloads of alternatives for cheap at the moment so ignore their kind advice!

D

Deleted member 26715

most companies are pretty competitive now. I'm on vodafone 12.5G data plus unlimited everything, my "contract" was £8/month but they've just put it up to £9.25. Must have been written in the small print I guess, but that's not what I call a contract when you can just chnage the terms midway through. Depends what area you live in, see what sort of reception friends/family get with other providers and as long as neither is worse than the other, go with the cheapest and expect bad customer service/price hikes whoever you go with (IME)

Yeah we're with Vodafone on their £8 a month package, they choose the highest days inflation this year, 12.4% I think the email said, strange how they didn't go with the average across the month.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Having extolled the virtues of GifGaf, their system has crashed this afternoon 😂

My phone & txts work, MrsPete's & Granddaughter's are out!

Tenkaykev

Guru
I used the excellent OFCOM coverage checker map to find the best local coverage. It is Vodafone in my area so I got a deal with Lebara 10GB, unlimited texts and calls plus 100 minutes of international calls for £6.99 on a rolling 30 day contract 👍

D

Deleted member 26715

excellent OFCOM

Those are two words I never thought I'd see in the same sentence

Top Bottom