End to end bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
If you are on a tight budget you could always try one of the bicycle recycling charities. The bike are second hand but they have been fully refurbished before they are sold. A quick google search came up with Re-Cycle Engineering who have a Dawes Horizon for sale at £320, highly suited to your purposes...

Hairy Jock said:
If you are on a tight budget you could always try one of the bicycle recycling charities. The bike are second hand but they have been fully refurbished before they are sold. A quick google search came up with Re-Cycle Engineering who have a Dawes Horizon for sale at £320, highly suited to your purposes...

Jock ... that seems a little steep for a 2nd hand Dawes Horizon, Evans are selling 2007 models (New) for £374.99 (Edit) £349.99 at the Bike Shed in Exeter

buggi

Bird Saviour
look, just go out and buy yourself something in the region of about £2000. because we all know that by the time you've done end to end, you'll be well hooked and that's what you'll end up getting anyway, thus you will save yourself 400 quid :becool:

Some good advice on "second hand bikes" link in this section. I would go 2nd hand as you can usually sell it for what you paid after if you like.

Good luch with the LeJog - let us know how you get on (thinking about it myself)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hello fellow Leeds person!! I'd suggest the Revolution Country Traveller from the EBC as well. They're in chapel allerton and are a great little shop, especially for novices. Not remotely patronising!!!

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

buggi said:
look, just go out and buy yourself something in the region of about £2000. because we all know that by the time you've done end to end, you'll be well hooked and that's what you'll end up getting anyway, thus you will save yourself 400 quid :cry:

I'd do that in a second if I had the cash!

The reason that we are now on a tight budget is that college admin have reneged on implementing the bike to work scheme - which we were going to use to get custom audax bikes from race scene.
Now we are going to have to find money that isn't there...

This is all great advice thanks again everyone - I'll have a word with EBC today

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Jakes Dad said:
Jock ... that seems a little steep for a 2nd hand Dawes Horizon, Evans are selling 2007 models (New) for £374.99 (Edit) £349.99 at the Bike Shed in Exeter

Ah, I should have checked if that was a good price before posting, for some reason I was thinking of the Dawes Galaxy:blush:

buggi said:
look, just go out and buy yourself something in the region of about £2000. because we all know that by the time you've done end to end, you'll be well hooked and that's what you'll end up getting anyway, thus you will save yourself 400 quid :biggrin:

I agree with Buggi, you might as well just buy a good bike and have done with it, once your hooked you will just want a better bike anyway:tongue:

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

I wish I could gents.

At the moment it looks like a choice between the weight of the SCR3 and the comfort/strength of the EBC Country traveller...

Top Bottom