End to End planning, 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
When my internet connection picks up speed I will come back to you about your progress Geoff. It looks like we are going to do the same route. I fancy the cruises as well:0)

If there are things we can share, like the maps. We are happy to chip in with you as we wont be riding until July.

Steve

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
When my internet connection picks up speed I will come back to you about your progress Geoff. It looks like we are going to do the same route. I fancy the cruises as well:0)

If there are things we can share, like the maps. We are happy to chip in with you as we wont be riding until July.

Steve
Yep, that's fine Steve. Do keep in touch. It's early days I know but when you get over here don't hesitate to get in touch should you need any assistance at all. At some point I'll let you have my contact details.
And do feel free to post a comment on my blog. For some reason I don't seem to get many comments on there ... feel a bit lonely sometimes :sad:.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yep, that's fine Steve. Do keep in touch. It's early days I know but when you get over here don't hesitate to get in touch should you need any assistance at all. At some point I'll let you have my contact details.
And do feel free to post a comment on my blog. For some reason I don't seem to get many comments on there ... feel a bit lonely sometimes :sad:.

The cloudy sky pic in the background of the blog text does not work.

It is distracting and makes the text hard to read.

Black on white, or at least black on a very pale colour is the only way to go.

Douggie954

What Powergen are you using?I am going to need one for my Garmin as this summer it didn't last the day.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

The cloudy sky pic in the background of the blog text does not work.

It is distracting and makes the text hard to read.

Black on white, or at least black on a very pale colour is the only way to go.
Thanks, but I'm gonna ignore that since not only is a little rude, but it's nothing at all to do with this thread.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

What Powergen are you using?I am going to need one for my Garmin as this summer it didn't last the day.
Hi, Douggie
It's a Powergen Moibile Power Pack 8400. It's been used primarily by Chrissie for backpacking and she finds it'll charger her phone 3 or 4 times easily. I found it charged my phone and satnav and used possibly a quarter of its capacity. There are larger capacity units available but this one seems to fit the bill fine for us and cost about £25 IIRC.

Douggie954

Will it charge a device as you are using it or does it have to be switched off? If off then how long does it take?
Thanks for the help by the way. I have booked most of my accommodation, though about camping but changed my mind.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks, but I'm gonna ignore that since not only is a little rude, but it's nothing at all to do with this thread.
I think he is implying that people stop reading because they find it hard to make out the text, and that might be why you aren't getting many comments?

Anyway - enjoy your LEJOG!

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

Will it charge a device as you are using it or does it have to be switched off? If off then how long does it take?
Thanks for the help by the way. I have booked most of my accommodation, though about camping but changed my mind.
That's a good question. It'll charge the phone while turned on ditto the satnav. I can't really answer how long to charge the satnav, or indeed the phone, since I've not run either to completely flat. I can tell you it charged my Edge Touring from 38% to full in around 2 hours. My phone, which had seen little use during the day, took around 1 hour. The two together took the Powergen down to about 3/4 full but, as I said, Chrissie had charged her phone from it earlier in the week. Sorry I can't be any more scientific than this cos this is the limit of my trials so far. Hope that's of some help.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

I think he is implying that people stop reading because they find it hard to make out the text, and that might be why you aren't getting many comments?

Anyway - enjoy your LEJOG!
Yes, I see the point Colin but I did take offence cos I'm quite happy with my blog; it's received over 28000 visits over some 6 years and no-one's ever complained before. I also take exception to anyone making such a dogmatic statement, rather than expressing an opinion (which is what it is). Anyoldhow, the blog's purely for my and my friends and family's amusement. But, again, I see your point and thanks for your good wishes.

To everyone else,
I'd prefer to stay with the topic please.
Thanks, Geoff

Douggie954

I'm on topic Geoff. I have an Edge touring and it seemed to only last half a day, is yours the same?

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

I'm on topic Geoff. I have an Edge touring and it seemed to only last half a day, is yours the same?
S'pose it depends what you call a day Douggie. Yes mine's an Edge Touring too. The 38% I referred to, on my recent overnight camp, is the lowest I've had it so far. That was a 43 mile and around 5 hours ride and I'll probably be lower than that each day on my End to End (I'm retired so don't have a tight schedule). But it was switched on for the whole ride from 11am til around 4pm.

Douggie954

I think with the extra charge it should manage a day. If it's not too rude a question how much did the Thorn cost you? I have been looking at a Fahrrad TX400.

Top Bottom