End to End planning, 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
I think with the extra charge it should manage a day. If it's not too rude a question how much did the Thorn cost you? I have been looking at a Fahrrad TX400.
Not at all, if you looked at the spec you could get it from Thorn's website anyway mate.
As near as makes no odds, including all the bits I've added, like the Dyno powered headlamp, it's cost me close to£2000. I consider that quite realistic for a steel framed, custom built (ish) bike. By custom built, I mean they measure you, then select from a 10 size frame range and after that I could choose from a long menu of bits 'n' pieces. The frames are hand built in Taiwan which, of course, keeps the cost down when compared to, say, a handbuilt in the UK, Roberts Roughstuff or similar. The finish on the frame is superb. You can see the whole spec under the post, "The coming of the Sherpa" on my blog under October 2014.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

I think with the extra charge it should manage a day. If it's not too rude a question how much did the Thorn cost you? I have been looking at a Fahrrad TX400.
Just looked at the spec and price of that bike Douggie and it looks damn good value for money. A Sherpa like mine, with Rohloff, would've cost over £3000!

Douggie954

Bought the Fahrrad TX400 but without the Rohloff, didn't have any in stock and weren't getting any. However, the bike rides smooth as anything.

Douggie954

IMG_0586.jpg

I must be mad. Haven't cycled that far since the summer and then the sat nag took me cross country. Nice day for it though. This picture is somewhere in the Hertfordshire countryside. The bike rides like a dream.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

Excellent Douggie. It looks brilliant. Same grips and bar ends as my Sherpa.
Happy riding!

albion

Guru
That's a good question. It'll charge the phone while turned on ditto the satnav. I can't really answer how long to charge the satnav, or indeed the phone, since I've not run either to completely flat. I can tell you it charged my Edge Touring from 38% to full in around 2 hours. My phone, which had seen little use during the day, took around 1 hour. The two together took the Powergen down to about 3/4 full but, as I said, Chrissie had charged her phone from it earlier in the week. Sorry I can't be any more scientific than this cos this is the limit of my trials so far. Hope that's of some help.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Portable-...0000-mAH-Mega-Power-Bank-Dual-Battery-Charger

This is mine, suitable for a week away from a mains USB connection.

Top Bottom