Endomondo challenges.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shippers

I've been using Endomondo to track my training over the last few months. Anyway, they've started doing challenges- who can burn the most calories in a month.
You need a clever phone that can download the app (my nokia does it- not just an i-phone thing) and a visit to www.endomondo.com to register your details.

Last month I finished 31st, having burnt just over 50,000 calories- there must be people on here who can do loads more- Brits are badly under-represented in the top 50 or so. All Scandinavians.

Right, Gauntlet thrown.

Also, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it Admin peeps.

Ta.

I've been looking at this too, I use mainly my Garmin but want something for livetracking.

Maybe if more people here use it - might want to setup a CC group/team?

Also - you can use any standard gpx file (so use your garmins etc) to manually upload (as laborious as it would be, but i'd never run my mobile all the time).

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I'm on it, so if someone wanted to create a CC team I'd join it - or shall I do it?

You probably noticed I've already done it - and you've already joined.

Welcome :tongue:

You using it for commuting? I find having to press start/stop when commuting a pain, also whilst you are messing around putting your phone back etc it is busy recording your time - booo :tongue: I'm only going to use it for leisure rides, and commutes on the garmin (I could import them... mmm)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Mostly commuting at the moment, yes.

You don't lose much time getting the phone out to stop it at the end of the ride - mine is in a pouch that velcros onto the crossbar and headset.
For starting off, my phone app has a 10 sec countdown. It's also just been updated with an auto pause function.

Ah okay - I noticed a few changes when last updating, that makes it much better.

I keep mine in a pouch... in a tri bag and takes a bit to get in and out.

Autopause is ace, but relying just on gps for that (the way it jumps around) I assume it has a threshold for speed....

peteoc

there's heart rate monitors for the iphone? :smile:

Endomondo will run on multiple platforms.

And yes - some make specifically for certain phones, and then you get the ANT+ to Bluetooth gateways.

I left it as invite only for now - or do you think it's better open? (Considering our gps tracks will be visible to other team members etc)

btw. I found the autopause - but what about the countdown start?

I looked at importing my commuting files from the garmin, but its so long winded to add them, no batch options etc...

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I left it as invite only for now - or do you think it's better open? (Considering our gps tracks will be visible to other team members etc)

btw. I found the autopause - but what about the countdown start?

I looked at importing my commuting files from the garmin, but its so long winded to add them, no batch options etc...

I think leave it with you having to confirm applications, unless it gets too many.

My app (Android) has a countdown start which you can set the duration on. Maybe it's not on every version of the app.

Top Bottom