Endomondo - Phone app.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

juanpelota

Hi All,
Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, I did search but couldn't find anything.

I came across this app from a friend and found it quite useful both on the bike and while running, driving etc.

Unlike the Garmins of this world which tell you where you're going, this one tells you where you've been.

It works with GPS, I'm using a Nokia E63 with a bluetooth GPS receiver and when loaded can be configured for different sports, km/mph etc and even has audio.

I've used it a few times on training runs, and the audio keeps you up to date with how you're progressing etc., and when you stop the app you can either automatically upload the data to the Endomondo website, or save it and do it later.

The website has it's own community where I've even found swimmers using it, by tucking their phones inside their caps :tongue:

I wondered if anybody else was using it, and what they thought of it.

Here's a run out I did this morning.

http://www.endomondo...uts/jweXHDosGFM

Juan.

DavieB

MIA
DR Squirrel introduced me to it seen a couple of his routes, ive yet to use it on the bike but have installed it. Looks very good.

boylucifer

It annihilates the battery on my iPhone 3GS, was out this morning for around 3 hours and the battery which was over 95% when I left was down to 5% by the time I got home....

OP
OP
J

juanpelota

It annihilates the battery on my iPhone 3GS, was out this morning for around 3 hours and the battery which was over 95% when I left was down to 5% by the time I got home....

Perhaps, what's needed here, is one of those <alleged> devices on the pro's bike which generates electrickery! :ohmy:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the nokia e63 with a gps module is great for the bike. it can track where i've been (endomondo), tell me where i am (maps) and get me home if i get lost (sat nav) with audio instructions via headphones or old bluetooth headset.

all it lacks that garmin and the like have is the ability to download routes, but as most of my riding is with groups, it's not a big issue for me.

Alan Whicker

I use it on my Nokia 5800. I like it, but it has its quirks. It once logged me doing 48mph
rolleyes.gif
! Seems to measure distance very well, though it doesn't seem to plot the route on a map very accurately, though that might be the vagaries of locking onto satellites.

Top Bottom