Endomondo Pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Has anyone got Endomondo Pro? is it worth the spend over the free version and does the energy save function work? I seem to find a 60 mile ride give or take is about as far as the battery on my HTC Desire will go while running the standard APP.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I have Pro but have never tested the low energy feature.
I can't remember the differences now between free and pro, although I don't think it's very much, I'm sure all the benefits are listed on the app store.

I only went pro to support the developers to be honest

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Be interested to hear how you go. I only ever use mine on short rides (max about 3 Hours so far) so have had no need for the power saver yet.

Panter

Just did the Macc Monster sportive circa 65 miles and used Endomondo Pro with the energy saving option. I would say you lose about 10% of the distance you have travelled and as the plotting is not that precise your speed is low because the timing is fine but the distance is short. The plus point was that you have half your battery left at the end. You can see the route on my Endomondo profile. :thumbsup:

Manonabike

Über Member
Has anyone got Endomondo Pro? is it worth the spend over the free version and does the energy save function work? I seem to find a 60 mile ride give or take is about as far as the battery on my HTC Desire will go while running the standard APP.

You might be better off buying JuiceDefender. I have the free Endomondo and I did 50 miles with only 40% battery. Same phone although I have a new battery :biggrin:.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Panter

Just did the Macc Monster sportive circa 65 miles and used Endomondo Pro with the energy saving option. I would say you lose about 10% of the distance you have travelled and as the plotting is not that precise your speed is low because the timing is fine but the distance is short. The plus point was that you have half your battery left at the end. You can see the route on my Endomondo profile. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that :smile:
10% is quite a lot to lose, but to give a rough idea for that sort of power saving, sounds worth it to me
thumbsup.png

FWIW my works mobile (now returned as they made me redundant!) had JuiceDefender. The 8 hour battery life was extended to 2 days.

Me and a friend tested a few apps and settled on RunKeeper. The elevation data on Endomondo was always too far out for our liking.

Spartak