Endurance Bike made from scratch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For the info of other folks - a link which the OP neglected to post - or possibly hoped we would seek out.

https://opencycle.com/mind

When I opened it I got a pop-up apologising for possibly seeming rude.

Maybe the OP didn't see it.

As I said, It doesn't make any sense to rack my brains here, believe me, I can do that much better!
If your brain is so superhuman powerful, you might like to scan that link I posted on that company.

Quote from the web page:

"room for 32mm ties"
I hope more attention to detail goes into their bike designs than their proofreading.

What do you mean by communication, it hasn't happened yet. Insane comments from people who obviously have no idea I don't call communication!
What exactly was "insane" about my comment ?

I'm worried that your communications to the professionals that work on your bike might not be as clear as you imagine them to be.

We all used to get custom bikes back in the day - frame builders would build in steel our perfectly measured bikes - with paper thin clearance as that was the style. It was pretty easy as you could count the number of groupsets out there on both hands.

Nowadays there's so much variation in components that you'll need everything nailed down.

And then you'll need to be able to get the kit you wanted - which might be hard as we know there's long delays at the moment.

Is there no bike out there that you could use as a base for your bike and then you'd only need to swap a couple of bits over ?

OP
OP
N

NightCruiser

To make it clear once again, this is not a discussion about my decision-making capacity or other options. I have put an incomprehensible heap of time into this project and will therefore not deviate from my plan to have the bike built according to my concept. Whatever material is needed for this is definitely available. I don't need any self-appointed "consultants" here, I just want to know if anyone knows the product mentioned from their own experience. If that's not the case, then please keep out, otherwise it's a waste of time.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
To make it clear once again, this is not a discussion about my decision-making capacity or other options. I have put an incomprehensible heap of time into this project and will therefore not deviate from my plan to have the bike built according to my concept. Whatever material is needed for this is definitely available. I don't need any self-appointed "consultants" here, I just want to know if anyone knows the product mentioned from their own experience. If that's not the case, then please keep out, otherwise it's a waste of time.

Even though they haven't been through the process they are proper experts ... on literally everything ever.
The only way out is to only buy bikes on the forum approved lists and from suppliers they have heard of.

Your plan is clear. Apparently.
You won't deviate - so go order the frame. Someone coming on here saying anything about the frame is irrelevant if your mind is made up ?

It's only a bike. It's not a manned trip to Mars.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
err tunc I sigh
Its a waste of time anyway, the road bike, which I think your considering, was only launched a year ago, so given most of europe has been in a pandemic I doubt whether more than a handful of people outside of cycling magazine writers, paid to right nice reviews, have actually rode one. Its certainly not enough time to know whether the BB tolerance issue presents as a problem down the track or whether the seat post arrangement is durable.
you could ask OPEN to put you in touch with any customers who've bought one. the paint job looks great.

OP
OP
N

NightCruiser

Even though they haven't been through the process they are proper experts ... on literally everything ever.
The only way out is to only buy bikes on the forum approved lists and from suppliers they have heard of.
Yes, that's indeed the case. Of course, as a consumer, I'm not so naive as to expect an absolutely perfect product just because the price is exorbitantly high. A certain degree of scepticism is always necessary if such a thing is to be implemented. But there is still a Plan B!

OP
OP
N

NightCruiser

It's only a bike.
No, it's not just a bike, it is a sports equipment and at the same time a vehicle for public transport. This is not only a question of safety, but also a question of fitness for a particular purpose. The bike must fit perfectly with me, in every respect.

Top Bottom