Endurance bike recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Endurance rider

My wife and i just recently picked up cycling, but We're already in deep. We both ride Felt Z series bikes (endurance frames), and I am now considering an 'upgrade' (although it's really just a lateral move). I have my Felt z3 up for sale, with my eyes on either a Giant Defy Advanced 0 or the new Look 675. Any ideas?
The Look 675 (ultegra build) is super sharp and quite lightweight, however it hasn't gotten much attention and lacks many reviews. The Defy Advanced 0 has a strong track record, excellent reviews and an ultegra Di2, but it's a tad heavier and not as 'sexy'.
Or LASTLY, do I just keep my 2013 Felt Z3, and throw a pair of Zipp 303's on it and be done?
Any help would be appreciated!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
In what way do you feel that your current bikes are lacking or is it a fitness /training issue ?
Looking at the felt i cant see anything wrong with it but without knowing what you want to do its hard to say but a wheel upgrade is a way to go .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
endurance could be a long distance expedition ride or tour or .........

surely the most important factor is being comfortable on the bike

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Trek's H1 H2 H3?

OP
OP
E

Endurance rider

I appreciate the feedback thus far, thank you. As far as 'endurance' bike, it's a popular term for 'sportive', yes. And, yes, I know the cycling snobs frown on such bikes :smile: Frankly, though, I find it's a great compromise for me. My Felt Z is quite stiff and responsive, while still quite comfortable.
I typically ride 4 days a week, about 30 miles a day for recreation. I dont really compete often, but I do take part in many group/fun rides. The Felt's a great bike, but I guess that Look 675 hypnotized me with beauty, and then persuaded me to rethink it. Basically, it's either the 675 (or possibly Defy Advanced Di2) or keep the Z3, and throw a sweet wheelset on it.
Thanks again!

I appreciate the feedback thus far, thank you. As far as 'endurance' bike, it's a popular term for 'sportive', yes. And, yes, I know the cycling snobs frown on such bikes :smile: Frankly, though, I find it's a great compromise for me. My Felt Z is quite stiff and responsive, while still quite comfortable.
I typically ride 4 days a week, about 30 miles a day for recreation. I dont really compete often, but I do take part in many group/fun rides. The Felt's a great bike, but I guess that Look 675 hypnotized me with beauty, and then persuaded me to rethink it. Basically, it's either the 675 (or possibly Defy Advanced Di2) or keep the Z3, and throw a sweet wheelset on it.
Thanks again!

If you want to spend on a new bike or cool-looking wheels then go for it. Logic shouldn't (and probably won't) come into it, especially if you are not actually competing. Personally I think the 675 looks like a total abomination.

Andy_G

I bought the trek Damone 4.5, Ultegra set up with 105 brakes, due to the weather ive only done a maximum 24 miler before work and i felt like ive just poodled to work, and also the iso really does seem to work.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If you want to spend on a new bike or cool-looking wheels then go for it. Logic shouldn't (and probably won't) come into it, especially if you are not actually competing. Personally I think the 675 looks like a total abomination.

Agree, so much potential but ultimately, it is ugly.

Top Bottom