Endurance bike suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Watching the dots on the transcontinental map is reminding me I have not bought a bike for 2 years and I dont have an endurance bike for light, fast touring.

I have a budget of around £1800. I am looking for a carbon bike and would like a rim to take 28c tyres. It should also have disc brakes.. (Yes I have heard it all about Carbon and touring)

Suggestions regarding bike are appreciated.

Last edited:
@iLB is the person who has recently investigated the possibilities...he may have something helpful to say. He has a portfolio of adventures under his belt - with carbon mostly - and I think he'll know.
I'd only start off on the wrong foot by recommending a Ti frame...and simple mechanicals!

apb

Veteran
seriously, why carbon, why disc brakes.

Have you done that kind of distance before (i know you done a lot of touring) but really light weight touring. If so do you think they will bring that much to the table.

I've been asking myself the same questions as i have found space in my house for a n+1

I was thinking of a bowman pilgrims frameset build, not carbon. but i think you see a lot more high end alu bikes in the future.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
seriously, why carbon, why disc brakes.

Have you done that kind of distance before.

First of all I Have no intention of entering that race. Do you think Im nuts?

Why Carbon?........i dont have a Carbon bike. But I dont have Ti bike either.

Why disk? .......for the same reason, plus better stopping power and no more skuffed rims.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

My other bike is a Kickbike and in 2013 a group of the worlds best Kickbikers rode the entire TDF course a day in front of the Tour. This year they rode Paris - Roubaix. So I know you dont need fancy gear. But I like fancy gear and I spend a lot of time on bikes, all through the year.

image_zpsc59536c1.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have been told to take Carbon off the table as I have been known to crash bikes. The last one was while clipped in on my kitchen floor. Carbon apparently doesnt like being crashed.

That opens the choices up a lot.

My other bike is a Kickbike and in 2013 a group of the worlds best Kickbikers rode the entire TDF course a day in front of the Tour. This year they rode Paris - Roubaix. So I know you dont need fancy gear. But I like fancy gear and I spend a lot of time on bikes, all through the year.

image_zpsc59536c1.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg
Good God, I've just looked at those loons doing the TdF, 12-18 hours a day using one foot. Bravo.

Top Bottom