Endurance Road Bike Decisions Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris1012

I was involved in an accident a couple of months back and whilst thankfully my injuries were not too serious, my bike was written off.

I was looking to replace my Cannondale Cyclocross next year at some point however as I am due a pay out from the accident, I am thinking to increase my budget and get a dream bike.
My initial budget was going to be 2k however I am hoping to stretch this to around 4.5k (if the bike ticks all the boxes).

My main priorities are focused on the following areas -

1. Upright Geometry (I suffered from back pain, neck pain and wrist pain, especially on rides longer than 30miles (previously had a bike fit and made some differences but the cyclocross geometry was to aero).
2. Comfortable and durable to handle different terrains and road conditions.
I lie in an area with a number of harsh road conditions.
3. Weight ideally 8kg but can go up to around 8.5kg
4. Good Climber
5. Still some what fast

I have narrowed my choices to the following bikes -

1. Canyon Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 - £3300
2. Specialized Roubaix Expert Disc Carbon di2 2021 (£4750)
3. Trek Domane SL 6/7 (not sure which exact model but seems to fit the above requirements)

Others considered Synapse, Bianchi, Giant

Anyone that is experienced or/and tried the above or has another recommendation that fits the requirements, please do let me know what your thoughts/recommendations are?

Thank you

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
3 good bikes.

I have 2 specialized bikes with the Futureshock system and I really like it. It reduces a lot of the jarring from the hands, back and neck.

I have also recently changed to an oval chainring and although the pedal action is almost the same. It appears to have smoothed it off. This makes it easier to climb and much easier on the hip joints.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I was involved in an accident a couple of months back and whilst thankfully my injuries were not too serious, my bike was written off.

I was looking to replace my Cannondale Cyclocross next year at some point however as I am due a pay out from the accident, I am thinking to increase my budget and get a dream bike.
My initial budget was going to be 2k however I am hoping to stretch this to around 4.5k (if the bike ticks all the boxes).

My main priorities are focused on the following areas -

1. Upright Geometry (I suffered from back pain, neck pain and wrist pain, especially on rides longer than 30miles (previously had a bike fit and made some differences but the cyclocross geometry was to aero).
2. Comfortable and durable to handle different terrains and road conditions.
I lie in an area with a number of harsh road conditions.
3. Weight ideally 8kg but can go up to around 8.5kg
4. Good Climber
5. Still some what fast

I have narrowed my choices to the following bikes -

1. Canyon Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 - £3300
2. Specialized Roubaix Expert Disc Carbon di2 2021 (£4750)
3. Trek Domane SL 6/7 (not sure which exact model but seems to fit the above requirements)

Others considered Synapse, Bianchi, Giant

Anyone that is experienced or/and tried the above or has another recommendation that fits the requirements, please do let me know what your thoughts/recommendations are?

Thank you

The Canyon Endurace has almost the same Geometry as pre-2020 versions of the Giant TCR! While that may be considered endurance when compared against a Canyon Aeroad frame it's a very subtle not towards "endurance"...

Dan77

I have ordered the exact Canyon model you list.

My understanding is that it is more relaxed geometry than a race bike but more aggressive than most endurance bikes which is what I think I require but may not be as suitable for you.

To me Canyon are terrific value for money when you compare the spec./price with the other manufacturers. Better spec. for less money.

The Trek may be better geometry and more versatile for you though.

Depends what is most important to you.

Domdom1980

I have the Roubaix and find it excellent. I think the expert comes with the Roval wheels which I have on mine and can't fault them.

As steveindenmark says the future shock really does take the edge of bad surfaces and the geometry certainly feels more relaxed than my Giant TCR

Venod

Eh up
I have Cannondale Synapse, I was a bit undecided as it was descibed as an endurance model, I have been riding more race orientated and CX bikes for a long time, it was a 2019 model from Pauls Cycles with a good discount so I bought it.
I am impressed, its light will take 32mm tyres and feels like a quality product, its no slower than any of my others.
I have fitted a Cannondale Save seatpost, with 30mm tubeless tyres it is very comfortable.
Mines Carbon 105 based, with your budget you will get better spec, maybe an HiMod frame.

Top Bottom