Eneco - stage 2 spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Eneco - stage 1 spoiler

1 Nick Nuyens (Bel) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 4.42.38 (40.22 km/h)
2 Thomas Dekker (Ned) Rabobank
3 José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne
4 David Millar (GBr) Saunier Duval - Prodir

Nuyens did well to win the race but what a good performance by Millar, let's hope he can build on this and try to be high up in the final GC standings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
almost looked like Millar could get a final dig and win it at one point. well sort of :biggrin:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Looking at the stages, it is all flat or rolling with a 30Km ITT on the last day - which is ideal for Millar. If he stays in touch until that final day, there's no reason why he can't win this overall.

U

User169

Thread title a bit misleading on this one since it the OP gives the result of Stage 1.

Stage 2 won by Mark Cavendish. Well done that man (again)!

paulbuckle

Yeah, I watched Cav on Eurosport earlier. He won with some room to spare. Hopefully big things to come for him.

Dave_1

Keith Oates said:
1 Nick Nuyens (Bel) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 4.42.38 (40.22 km/h)
2 Thomas Dekker (Ned) Rabobank
3 José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne
4 David Millar (GBr) Saunier Duval - Prodir

Nuyens did well to win the race but what a good performance by Millar, let's hope he can build on this and try to be high up in the final GC standings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Keith, Millar was very unlucky with the rain in the prologue..I predict he will smoke them all in the last TT. Perhaps he can win overall as he can climb in the one week stage races. He´s one of the few i have faith in at the moment, in whom one can believe what one is actually seeing when he races

Noodley

Dave_1 said:
Yeah Keith, Millar was very unlucky with the rain in the prologue..I predict he will smoke them all in the last TT. Perhaps he can win overall as he can climb in the one week stage races. He´s one of the few i have faith in at the moment, in whom one can believe what one is actually seeing when he races

Hello Dave 1.

Good to see you here.

How's Chile?

Dave_1

Noodley said:
Hello Dave 1.

Good to see you here.

How's Chile?

Hi Noodley
Chile is lovely. I´m am here for a while, work related, and just enjoying the environment and the people are great. I spent a week in the Atacama Desert, not yet been to the Andes and chilean people are warm, friendly, very helpful to gringos. Am most impressed. Did my first bit of nightclubbin last night....many tall leggy Baywatch Jennifer lopez type women..and very friendly to the gringos. So far , so good :biggrin:

Dave_1

Flying_Monkey said:
Funnily enough I've always felt the same about Nuyens...

I´d put money on Boonen being clean...he´s another..my list of definitely clean riders are very small.but they are the ones who keep my interest in the sport.

Noodley

Dave_1 said:
Hi Noodley
....many tall leggy Baywatch Jennifer lopez type women..and very friendly to the gringos. So far , so good xx(

Do they have direct flights from Scotland? :biggrin:

Dave_1

Noodley said:
Do they have direct flights from Scotland? :biggrin:

yeah, lol xx(...a Scottish airline should be on the case...I suspect there´d be high demand ,plane loads heading this way for R & R as they say

Top Bottom