Eneco Stage 6 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyL

Just in case someone complains that the stage 6 result is revealed in the stage 5 thread!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/aug07/eneco07/?id=results/eneco076

Pablo Lastras takes the stage from a break. Nick Nuyens crashes and has to abandon, leaving Thomas Dekker leading GC.

Millar is within 6 sec of Dekker with only the 29.6 km TT left. Wouldn't it be good to have Millar take the overall and Cav take the points jersey! But no doubt Dekker will be firing on all cylinders tomorrow to bag the home tour for Rabobank.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think Millar can easily take 6 seconds from Dekker on a 30k time trial...

OP
OP
D

DaveyL

Top 5 on GC are Dekker, Gutierrez (4 s), Millar (6 s), van den Broeck (15 s) and Hoste (27 s). I guess Hoste and Gutierrez can TT well, but hopefully Millar will take it.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think the big question is whether Millar will choke or not. Even Dekker is saying that Millar should win on his present form, but will be take the pressure?

Keith Oates

Janner
A good point, the pressure and expectation is now on Millar to produce the goods. He knows it's within this capabilities, let's hope the weather and roads are dry tomorrow and he can have a fast ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
We will see if he can take it today, but all racing is pressure no matter who you are and how good you are. All the greats (not saying Millar is great) of any sport feel the pressure when they have to perform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom