Energy Charges - Comparisons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
My current tariff is £1200 fixed until Sept 2023, a 73% increase on the previous one.
Today, the cheapest available is £3000, and the second cheapest £4000:
1647260060841.png

1647260349652.png

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
mrs ck has tv on all day, has been using tumble dryer and likes to be warm, add in kids and i despair

TV isn't too resource hungry, but the drier is, or my son spending an hour in the shower burning 10kwh :wacko: We got hammered last winter WFH as I was in the shed with an electric oil filled radiator, and the conservatory was heated too.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Gas still free here and smart meter company not got back about making another appointment after they didn’t turn up for last booked one. You’d think the energy company didn’t want my money.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Another 8 hours to go, then my bill goes up by another 54%.

Mine's gone up by a similar amount this week after the end of a two-year fixed contract. I've not taken out another contract yet, but will do so shortly.

presta

Guru
I've not taken out another contract yet, but will do so shortly.

I logged on to the Shell site this morning to see if it had defaulted to the variable tariff they're offering, but it's still showing my fixed tariff the same as yesterday. Yesterday they were offering a new 13m fixed and a variable which worked out the same price if the prices follow this forecast. Today the fixed is the same, but the variable has dropped by 4%.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We're looking into getting solarPV / Battery storage. We're currently gas CH / Cooking but will aim to switch fuels when appropriate

presta

Guru
I logged on to the Shell site this morning to see if it had defaulted to the variable tariff they're offering, but it's still showing my fixed tariff the same as yesterday.

...and it still is again this morning.

I can't make up my mind whether to keep quiet in the hope that that's what I'm being charged, or say something in case I've been put on a tariff that's higher than either of the two that they're offering me.

Top Bottom