Energy drinks, bars, gels etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Nuun tablets are a complete rip off and if you look at what the ingredients are and the amounts used, you can source the ingredients in 100grm quantities and with a decent set of scales make up batches of the powder itself to make ridiculous amounts of the tablets, I think it worked out at about £10 to make up the equvalent of 600 tablets at a time for me (10p for 6 tablets) and just weigh out the required amount equivalent to a tablet to put in each waterbottle along with some cordial and maltodextrose, fructose etc. Plus most people use 750ml bottles so you need a tablet and a half per bottle, so it works out that they are not cheap when you can use them up in 8 bottles.

I'm just testing them out. I'm going for these http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/high-5-zero-xtreme/27497/?o=berry instead.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
I use dilute fruit juice, Robisons Barley Water works for me. For food I like bananas and fig rolls. On a very long ride if not stopping at a cafe I just make up a few jam sandwiches to chuck in my panniers. I like malted fruit loaf as has been suggested but find it too sticky to eat with my false teeth.
:-))

Cyclist33

Enormous, eat something every half hour. But don't forget it doesn't have to be a sports product. Fig rolls, granola,bars, bananas are a few of many favs

What he said. Naughtily, I popped a Proplus with about 8 miles to go tonight and I must say it did seem to do the trick. To be fair, I had eaten granola bars and an egg sandwich at regular intervals too.

Stu

I'm just testing them out. I'm going for these http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/high-5-zero-xtreme/27497/?o=berry instead.
I'm no expert, but I've been cycling for a couple of years and I find this excellent. They certainly work for me, along with a porridge breakfast and some energy bars. Remember, High 5 replace salt but don't give you sugar and carbs, which is great but you may well need something to eat. I drink High 5 and then nibble on an energy bar after an hour and a half....

Top Bottom