Engine Oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it's a proper tin Duckhams can in decent nick it might be worth having a look on ebay to see if it's worth flogging. People collect the things.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Character/patina of age;)
Well this one has plenty of "character" alright :laugh:. I did have a quick look on ebay and right enough folks do buy these sorts of things. Just got to work out how to uncollapse it now. That'll be mega bucks on a pressurisation thingy not costing the mould. :laugh:

New thought on the oil use. I will use it to oil up for my photo shoots. Gotta show off my 6 pack to best advantage ^_^ :okay:
The results are sure to make @User14044 green with envy :laugh:

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
Many a pint of ordinary engine oil I have burned in a two stroke Seagull outboard motor with great reliability, but it became rather expensive to run.
The mix was three quarters of a pint of engine oil added to one gallon of petrol, yes, it was that long ago, I will leave you to convert to metric.
It could well be that modern two strokes don't like anything except "proper" two stroke oil, but it wouldn't do any damage to try if you only have a couple of cans of oil to use up.
Use at your own risk:smile:.

subaqua

What’s the point
If you put it in a 2 stroke engine you will be forever 'oiling up' the sparkplug, just use it for general oiling jobs and chain lube, unless you know someone who runs an old banger a 'classic car' like an old Viva or Cortina/Capri.

or even an old jeep Cherokee from 93 to 2001 with the straight 6 4 litre lump. I used to use duckhams q 20/50 in it as it stayed in it longer than a thin oil !

best use now- for mickling your bike chain.

subaqua

What’s the point
Many a pint of ordinary engine oil I have burned in a two stroke Seagull outboard motor with great reliability, but it became rather expensive to run.
The mix was three quarters of a pint of engine oil added to one gallon of petrol, yes, it was that long ago, I will leave you to convert to metric.
It could well be that modern two strokes don't like anything except "proper" two stroke oil, but it wouldn't do any damage to try if you only have a couple of cans of oil to use up.
Use at your own risk:smile:.

british seagull engines will run on almost anything TBF , once you get the bloody things going !!!
the 2 stroke on the back of the RIB needs magic blue stuff in its own bottle now and gets mixed automatically. better than old lawnmowers where getting it wrong meant clouds of oily smoke !

Top Bottom