Engineering project

Have Dogs affected your ride in a negative way?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Maybe a telescopic stick that mounts to the top tube to ward off the dog but be careful it doesn't get classed as a weapon.

Perhaps a pump.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I put 'Yes' but it's usually clueless owners. Not the dogs fault ! unless you class that one occasion a farm dog chased us from along the other side of a hedge - knowing it was open at the end. I didn't half pedal quickly.

I've finally decided on a bell for my shared path use. Ordered 2 RockBros bells off ebay, which is the copy of the expensive Spurcycle bell (£4 vs £50).

Could you dis-invent extending leads - massively dangerous in the hand of a stupid owner that forgets his dog is 10m away with a wire running across a shared use path.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyway, it's not the dog that's an issue. Passed an old bloke recently, his dog off a lead, walking down a quiet road. Me cycling past, owner says 'oh he hates bikes'. Said nothing, but really... you're too bloody old to stop it if it went for me.

Jody

Stubborn git
I've finally decided on a bell for my shared path use. Ordered 2 RockBros bells off ebay, which is the copy of the expensive Spurcycle bell (£4 vs £50).

Great bell for very little money. Be careful of the MK1 version as the weight on the striker weight can fall out. Mk2 is still performing well.

Jody

Stubborn git
I heard that, so a little dab of superglue as preventative measure. Not here yet though !

More gorilla glue or slight modification of the metal wire as it goes around the brass. Mine lasted a couple of years before it fell out so can't grumble for a fiver.

Jody

Stubborn git
Slight squeeze with some pliers might do it !!

That will probably sort it.

D

Deleted member 26715

Maybe a licencing act where all dogs have to wear registration plates, they are only issued to competent owners who have to retake the test each year.

pjd57

Veteran
It's not the dogs that's the problem.
Owners with very long leads not looking where they are going because their phone is more important are the problem.

Top Bottom