England - Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

We (England) got a bit lucky I thought.

Dreadful game all round in terms of errors and if the Scots had a functioning lineout we may have lost.

The yellow card was harsh and the ref falling over while Scotland were on a promising break was a bit unfortunate for them.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
We (England) got a bit lucky I thought.

Dreadful game all round in terms of errors and if the Scots had a functioning lineout we may have lost.

The yellow card was harsh and the ref falling over while Scotland were on a promising break was a bit unfortunate for them.

Pretty much agree, especially the yellow card. You have to wonder whether that fact that he'd been in the ref's ear all game had anything to do with it.

Ben Foden was also very unlucky (and if he'd spotted the supporting runner on his right shoulder it wouldn't have mattered) and the Scottish attack stopped by the injured ref was still outside the England 22 so was not exactly clear cut.

England really seemed to turn up expecting to win and got a bit of a shock. They didn't commit enough bodies to the ruck so the Scots were able to slow the game down and without quick recycling of the ball the gaps are much harder to find. But a win is a win, just ask France :biggrin:

mangaman

Pretty much agree, especially the yellow card. You have to wonder whether that fact that he'd been in the ref's ear all game had anything to do with it.

I reckon that was it - the commentators' said he was constantly whingeing long before the yellow.

Although the ref should still assess every foul on it's merits.

As for France...
laugh.gif
is about as where I stand on their performance on Saturday.

Good on Italia though!

Garz

Squat Member
On performances by both sides so far this season it would seem that England must be the favorites but the Scots always lift their game against England so it could be quite a tussle. Needless to say I hope England win and keep alive their chances of a grand slam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very true.

England didn't play that well but the scots gave a good show all the same. All depends now if the Irish raise their game to spoil the party!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Very true.

England didn't play that well but the scots gave a good show all the same. All depends now if the Irish raise their game to spoil the party!

It's a given, isn't it? With the possible exception of Italy, all the other teams seems to turn it up to 11 v England. The thing that drove me nuts was England's looping passes along the back line. You'd never see a Southern hemisphere team do that. Their passes go straight.

Still, a win *is* a win. But I certainly wouldn't bet against Ireland (in Ireland) spoiling the party.

Top Bottom